Groups
    EXPIRED

Cheap Rail Fares

Anyone know how to get a cheaper fare on a train ?

trying to get from Hereford to Liverpool on 1st Aug - but leave at 3ish - and arrive no later than 6 ?

Am looking on queue jump - does anyone know if you can get discounts ?

sorry i am dumb regarding trains - usually use a car - or we don't have then near where i live

8 Comments

whats the cheapest price you have?
    How many Adults/Kids and is it ONE WAY you're looking at, or a RETURN, and if so WHEN?

It's usually cheaper if you go to the train companys site direct,there's an article on MSE about it.

1st brief check comes back at £15.00 for a single, but travelling slighty earlier then you wanted?

Original Poster

Disco

cardiff to liverpool airport help? probably not ?

thanks - bit the bullet and booked it - just didn't want to find out afterwards that there was a simple way to save - thanks for your help - have lit your 'like' button

so what you booked then? That £15 single?

Original Poster

Disco

so what you booked then? That £15 single?

£36 for 2 - plus booking fees !

I am going to a family wedding on the saturday - and wanted to get lunch with my nan & grandad who are in their 80's before needing to leave if i could - managed the train you mentioned - 14.40 and swapping at Crewe should get me to South Parkway in time to get to the airport.

Would like to rep you both for your help - but can't do it on this new site - but thanks for taking the time and making the effort to help.

'Liked' as many posts as i can.

£6 booking fee :shock: thats outrageous!! still, please you got sorted. Cheap tickets/travel is my forte! ;-) enjoy your weekend

Original Poster

Disco

£6 booking fee :shock: thats outrageous!! still, please you got sorted. … £6 booking fee :shock: thats outrageous!! still, please you got sorted. Cheap tickets/travel is my forte! ;-) enjoy your weekend

thanks mate
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions