Cheap, Reliable and Safe postage options from UK to Australia

Posted 2nd Nov
Hi,
Interested in the collective wisdom of the hotukdeals community. I'm moving back to Australia sometime in late December / early to mid January. I have a few possessions that I have bought over the last 2 years (BluRay movies, Vinyl Records, Books). Sending these using Royal Mail would be extremely expensive, so I'm looking for a cheaper option, but one that is reliable (i.e. boxes don't go missing) and safe (i.e. items wont get damaged).
If you are able to recommend any companies, then this would be extremely helpful.
Thanks for your assistance
spendapenny
Community Updates

Groups

7 Comments
How much is Royal Mail & what's the total weight of the package?
Haven't got that far down the line yet.
Sell the items and then rebuy when in oz. shipping them will cost a fortune. If you want to keep a few of your favourite ones then pay for an extra suitcase on the plane, make sure you do all the necessary paperwork before you do that though as you’ll get stopped on entry if you haven’t.

Alternatively there’s:

anglopacific.co.uk or dhl through something like interparcel.com

But it won’t be cheap and you’ll have to fill in customs paperwork itemising each item and value.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 2nd Nov
It might be worth pricing up a removal company charges for this, they usually buy space on shipping containers and then ship themselves you will be sharing a container with others looking to do the same, this can of course slow down the speed of getting them there, but I doubt your in a rush..
MrSprkle02/11/2019 08:42

It might be worth pricing up a removal company charges for this, they …It might be worth pricing up a removal company charges for this, they usually buy space on shipping containers and then ship themselves you will be sharing a container with others looking to do the same, this can of course slow down the speed of getting them there, but I doubt your in a rush..

Not in any hurry, just want the items to be safely shipped (i.e. a container not falling off a ship into the ocean)
Not knowing how much stuff, I'll offer this:

sendmybag.com/quote
Contrary to what's said in an earlier post, you don't have to itemise every item on the paperwork when shipping.
Just put "personal effects" and a total value, the "used" value mind, not what you paid for it!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants