Cheap roam in USA sim

Found 4th Apr
Hi,

I'm with Plusnet for my mobile phone but there's no roaming in the USA included and the costs per Mb are nuts
Can anyone recommend a cheap sim deal for me when I go to states for a couple of weeks with work
I won't need to change my number, I just want to occasionally call home and use a bit of data 1-4gb would probably do it.
is it better to get a preloaded sim or just get a 1 month rolling contract and cancel it when I get back?

any help would be really appreciated
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Your best bet is a three 321 sim, use WiFi where possible.
One option is for you to get a 3 PAYG sim (available free on website). you can then buy a bundle either £10 for 1gb or £15 for 5gb (http://www.three.co.uk/Store/Pay_As_You_Go_Price_Plans) and use it in USA. The only drawback is that you get 3G when roaming instead of 4g. For emails/FB/whatsapp etc this is usually ok. On the positive side you can keep this sim in future and use it for wuntu offers as you don't need to top up again.
Thanks for the suggestions I may be going back again in a couple of months so the bundle may be the way to go £15 for 5GB sounds pretty good if I can top it up when i run out...
Cheers Eslick & Astreix
cawsmawr1 h, 10 m ago

Thanks for the suggestions I may be going back again in a couple of months …Thanks for the suggestions I may be going back again in a couple of months so the bundle may be the way to go £15 for 5GB sounds pretty good if I can top it up when i run out...Cheers Eslick & Astreix

Just a watch out it’s probably not 4g in most areas just slow 3G. Get yourself a good vpn for WiFi easier to use, 3G is good enough for Facetime but I prefer WiFi for everything else.
3 mobile was free when we there in August/Sept last year although going into Canada it wasn’t
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants