Expired

Cheap surround sound for 360 ?

8 replies
Found 25th Feb 2007
Hey there people :thumbsup:
Im after a cheap surround sound system for my 360.

It doesnt need to be top of the range as i have a very small room. It must have optical input though to work with my 360

Thanks
Midmac :-D

1. Ask
  2. Speakers
9 Comments

How much is cheap?

Original Poster

Erm sub £50 ? As cheap as possible really

As I have a very small room ive been informed I dont need great speakers as the smallness adds to the eefect.

All the cheap ones I find dont say they have optical input

dont think you'll have any chance at £50

cheapest ive seen is acostic solutions kit at argos with an optical input.
Thats £89.

Cheapest you'll get unless you get a refurb logitech or creative on ebay. They go for about £60. You'll need one with the DTS box if its a creative one though.

I purchased the Pioneer system from play.com but it is over your price range suggested as it is £199 at the moment but I would highly reccomend the unit and it has 2 optical inputs

This system was originally being sold by play.com for £150 before christmas but they have been hammered for orders so maybe they have upped the price to make a bit more seeing that loads of people are ordering them

play.com/Ele…tml

can this connect to a tv?1

can what connect to a tv?

Original Poster

Chris206

dont think you'll have any chance at £50cheapest ive seen is acostic … dont think you'll have any chance at £50cheapest ive seen is acostic solutions kit at argos with an optical input.Thats £89.Cheapest you'll get unless you get a refurb logitech or creative on ebay. They go for about £60. You'll need one with the DTS box if its a creative one though.

Ive got a pc surround sound system but it only has rca. Is there anyway i could possibly get this working on the 360 ?

only if its a creative, where you can then buy the DTS box to convert it to optical, only works on 5.1 and 7.1 creative systems tho.

Original Poster

Chris206

only if its a creative, where you can then buy the DTS box to convert it … only if its a creative, where you can then buy the DTS box to convert it to optical, only works on 5.1 and 7.1 creative systems tho.

tevion :-(

gonna have to keep looking
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz1014
    2. can i swap out ssd frequently? day to day stuff22
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522888
    4. Add one, leave one game54415470

See more discussions