Groups
    EXPIRED

cheap train travel/discount codes

i always book train tickets at the trainline.com and notice they also have a box to put a promotional code. However ive never once found a promotional code to reduce the price - does anyone have one?

10 Comments

There's a code for midland mainline right now (check the vouchers section here). Which line do you need to travel on?

I've never had any codes either, but i usually use Scotrail or GNER and they gives roughly 33% off if you book a few days upfront, if thats any help to you.

May be worth trying booking through midland mainlines site -- they use QueueJump and work same as Trainline , i think their the same underlying company doing it.

Had no problems before -- maybe will give discount of other operators?

the mainline discount makes the price the same as from trainline.com so it is no discount! but you can pick the tickets up at the station...

pfffffft you should get on megabus.com! much faster (not!) much cheaper!

mhuk

the mainline discount makes the price the same as from trainline.com so … the mainline discount makes the price the same as from trainline.com so it is no discount! but you can pick the tickets up at the station...

Really? I thought it took another £1 off...came out to £16 return Sheffield to London for me.

megabus nowhere near me

sigh!

ah well, national express strikes again lol

The ticket I bought was £34 from midland (with £1 discount); same price as Virgin and trainline.com :cry:

The ****ers never sent the tickets to the station (or phoned them thtough or however they are supposed to do it)! So I'll nver waste my time buying online again when they are the same price as at the station :evil: :evil: :evil:

buying online simply offers convenience. I personally think only worth doing if you're order a week or more before your travel. There are usually several options of how to get tickets. posted or pickup at station. SOme stations have DIY machines where they just swipe your card & there you go!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions