Expired

cheap travel insurance

Found 16th Nov 2014
I need an international travel insurance, can anybody recommend a cheap reliable company please? Willing to take out a policy via a cashback site too if it has a good rate.
Community Updates
9 Comments
Banned
Try your bank
Banned
Are u in a union
Post office
I have found Staysure to be good at paying a claim with no hassle.
Last time we travelled and needed it, the Post Office was the cheapest even with a traveller with health conditions that needed extra cover.
Get a quote from a comparison site, pick one that matches your requirements then go direct to their site and see if it's cheaper to quote direct. Meerkat one is showing a few for £14-18. Cheap.
Jet2 via quidco. I paid £13.50 for the year.
Cheap isnt always the best option:-

WHICH REVIEWS

Travel insurance Best Buys

We found that none of the policies offered by British Airways, EasyJet, Flybe, Jet2, Monarch, Ryanair, Thomson and Virgin Atlantic managed to both meet our minimum requirements for Which? Best Buy status and to cover pre-existing medical conditions.

For instance, Jet2's website says its policy will give you 'peace of mind' and to avoid it you have to tick a box next to text saying that the Foreign Office urges you to be fully insured. But Jet2's policy fails two of our basic Best Buy criteria, including offering only £500 cancellation cover compared to our £3,000 minimum. It also does not cover pre-existing conditions.

Monarch Airlines's site says: 'Don't take the risk - get insured today!', describes its policy as 'comprehensive' yet cheaper than policies from other airlines, and states that having travel insurance is a condition of booking. However, the policy falls below our minimum criteria for cancellation and does not cover pre-existing conditions.

top rated were tesco, M&S, LV, Post Office, Nationwide

bottom were easyjet, barclays, thomas cook, co-op, amex, admiral
Edited by: "chocci" 17th Nov 2014
chocci

Cheap isnt always the best option:-WHICH REVIEWSTravel insurance Best … Cheap isnt always the best option:-WHICH REVIEWSTravel insurance Best BuysWe found that none of the policies offered by British Airways, EasyJet, Flybe, Jet2, Monarch, Ryanair, Thomson and Virgin Atlantic managed to both meet our minimum requirements for Which? Best Buy status and to cover pre-existing medical conditions.For instance, Jet2's website says its policy will give you 'peace of mind' and to avoid it you have to tick a box next to text saying that the Foreign Office urges you to be fully insured. But Jet2's policy fails two of our basic Best Buy criteria, including offering only £500 cancellation cover compared to our £3,000 minimum. It also does not cover pre-existing conditions.Monarch Airlines's site says: 'Don't take the risk - get insured today!', describes its policy as 'comprehensive' yet cheaper than policies from other airlines, and states that having travel insurance is a condition of booking. However, the policy falls below our minimum criteria for cancellation and does not cover pre-existing conditions.top rated were tesco, M&S, LV, Post Office, Nationwidebottom were easyjet, barclays, thomas cook, co-op, amex, admiral

It obviously isn't for everyone and conditions should be checked. I don't have any pre-existing medical conditions and as I always book last minute cancellation cover isn't needed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants