Cheap travel to newquay (or surrounding areas) from birmingham?

Banned 7
Found 25th Feb 2009
As above.

Me and my mates are going down to newquay after our exams this year and, having booked our place to stay, we need a way of getting there.

We're looking for cheap travel, any ideas will be much appreciated!

cheers!

7 Comments

Walk LOL

You ask for these answers(word question better)

Start my friends and I OR my mates and me

Original Poster Banned

pretty sure my grammar doesn't matter dude, you still got what the post was about.

My Granma does not want to help you:thumbsup::oops::whistling:

Anyway, back to the subject in hand.....

Try National Express- they do offers to Newquay at certain times of year - much cheaper than a pricey train.

Or hitch-hike - loads of people head down there during summer so you might get a freebie lift!

I used to live there so check my comments in the thread yesterday before you go.

national express do funfares to newquay.

Original Poster Banned

cheers, currently checking the funfare. £2.50 return to liverpool, insane!

but back to the point, i read what you thought about newquay. is it really that bad?

kiaanx;4490320

cheers, currently checking the funfare. £2.50 return to liverpool, … cheers, currently checking the funfare. £2.50 return to liverpool, insane!but back to the point, i read what you thought about newquay. is it really that bad?

Yeah it is - It used to be a top place to live,work & stuff but I'd say over the past 2/3 years it's gone rough, full of chavs, drop-outs and general low-lifes.

A lot of the surfers and locals have moved out of town 'cos of the grief & the way things have gone.

A night out in Newquay is just like a night in any other high street nowadays - the good surfy/holiday vibe that used to be there just went. The pubs are all rip-off places (especially in the summer) and there's usually fights/grief.

Sorry to paint a downer of a picture but I used to love the place so much that me & the Mrs & our eldest moved there from up North. After a couple of years there watching the place deteriorate we moved out while we could like many of our mates who lived there.

The beaches are still nice & what locals are left are a friendly bunch & it's probably ok for a weekend away but I certainly wouldnt do a family holiday or a full week there.

Expect to spend a fair bit of cash while you're there & keep your expectations low & you'll be ok.

If you want any specific info on pubs etc let me know.:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text