Groups

Cheap Van Insurance please

Hello there. Can anyone recommend a company that can insure a van that is not used very often and even when it is ... it is not for commercial use.

My mother plays a harp for an amateur orchestra and it is her only hobby. My father has had to buy and insure a van that is essentially used about one Sunday for one trip to a rehersal and back. Occassionally for a concert.

The quotes being received are as if it was a business operation. Does anyone know of a way around this? Thanks

5 Comments

"that is essentially used about one Sunday for one trip to a rehersal and back"

one Sunday a what? week? month? year?

i think go compare do a van compare site which ask if buisness or private not to sure but they are a van insurance comparison site

if he has a car also cant he get round it by putting it in his wifes name and using it 3rd party through his car policy? i know the van wouldnt be covered for theft but if its not worth much? i can drive my o/hs van on my policy. Call his insurance and ask them?

Lol then the vehicle wouldnt be insured ,If you left it on the streets it would be towed away.

plumberman01

if he has a car also cant he get round it by putting it in his wifes name … if he has a car also cant he get round it by putting it in his wifes name and using it 3rd party through his car policy? i know the van wouldnt be covered for theft but if its not worth much? i can drive my o/hs van on my policy. Call his insurance and ask them?

Original Poster

Sorry ... one Sunday a week (but not every week).

Cheapest quote £550 ... tried comparison sites and nothing less..... van probably not worth that!!

Is there no pay as you drive option out there?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction713
      2. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)1626
      3. Ditched Sky911
      4. sky q is it a good deal?68

See more discussions