cheap walking shoes or boots

Posted 15th Sep 2020
since lockdown started i go for a walk for an hour every morning and night. can someone recommend boots or shoes for the winter that will have soles that will last but will cost less than £30 please.obviously they need to be reasonably waterproof.I'll only be walking on pavements so have to be anything too fancy.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I purchased a pair of Merrells for walking around the Far East in 2004. They lasted until this year and the soles finally gave up. Spend a bit more on a nice pair of walking shoes and they will last forever. By a cheap pair from a supermarket or a cheap store like Mountain Warehouse and you’ll be buying agin in the spring.
Outlet section on regatta i find is always worth a check
Well done, it takes some discipline to do 2 hrs a day.
If you are walking mainly on paved surfaces I think walking boots are a bit overkill. They are great for off road, but good ones are expensive and need breaking in to be comfortable. I use a pair of trail style trainers. These are pretty sturdy and supportive and have a good tread for wet weather. I'd also highly recommend getting Goretex lined ones. Any short walk in the wet, especially across grass, is damp toes. Goretex ones keep you dry and comfy in all weathers.
Slightly more than £30 is the Karimor range in Sports Direct are decent. These are very similar to the ones I wear to work:

sportsdirect.com/kar…105

Had them for ages and still have a decent tread on them.
Whoohoo15/09/2020 15:20

Outlet section on regatta i find is always worth a check

I bought a pair of Regatta boots some years back, they were awful. Very uncomfortable, cheap quality, and the lining inside wore away quickly leaving a hard piece of plastic painfully rubbing against the back of my heel. I'd steer well clear of Regatta and spend extra to get some Salomon, Merrell, or North Face shoes. You can often find a deal on TNF shoes at around the £50 mark.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 16th Sep
Haircut_10015/09/2020 16:08

I bought a pair of Regatta boots some years back, they were awful. Very …I bought a pair of Regatta boots some years back, they were awful. Very uncomfortable, cheap quality, and the lining inside wore away quickly leaving a hard piece of plastic painfully rubbing against the back of my hell. I'd steer well clear of Regatta and spend extra to get some Salomon, Merrell, or North Face shoes. You can often find a deal on TNF shoes at around the £50 mark.

Everywhere will have its good and bad purchases. I've bought a number of coats and trainers over the years there and they've all lasted well. Would always check what they have for that sort of thing again myself.
Post a comment
@
    Text