Cheap washing machine with a 5yr warranty

10 replies
Found 10th May
As per title. A cheap washing machine needed with ideally a long warranty (5yrs+) to be included in a house that's being rented out?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

10 Comments

How much is cheap?

If you're after cheap go for the beko on ao ebay for £175.. not 5 years but reliable.
If I want 5 years pay for an LG or panasonic which around £350-400

cheap and 5 yr warranty is mutually exclusive

cullies

cheap and 5 yr warranty is mutually exclusive

I looked into and LG only give 2 years with this model. I stand to be corrected and if so I will buy this model!

Machines with 5yr 'warranty' usually only cover parts .... so you HAVE to pay their engineer to come out to diagnose and then come back and fit, usually costing the same for any independent company to fix outright.

Reliability wise, most washing machines fail due to over filling. Get a large capacity washer (9kg) with auto load sensing ... I have a Hoover washer that will not do the final fast spin if it's overloaded. Then just have to take a few items out and set off for a spin. It's definitely saved my washer.

If it's for a rental property, you could always rent the white goods. The cost can be tax offset and items are replaced regularly

Try a Samsung washing machine as most come with a 5 year warranty included. I have the 8kg eco bubble one and it's been very good for me so far after having it for 4 years.

was in exactly the same situation a few weeks ago, would advise to try Currys as paid £200 for washing machine and £100 for their extended warranty so £300 for 5 years parts and labour plus other benefits if choose to use them,

japes

Machines with 5yr 'warranty' usually only cover parts .... so you HAVE to … Machines with 5yr 'warranty' usually only cover parts .... so you HAVE to pay their engineer to come out to diagnose and then come back and fit, usually costing the same for any independent company to fix outright.Reliability wise, most washing machines fail due to over filling. Get a large capacity washer (9kg) with auto load sensing ... I have a Hoover washer that will not do the final fast spin if it's overloaded. Then just have to take a few items out and set off for a spin. It's definitely saved my washer.If it's for a rental property, you could always rent the white goods. The cost can be tax offset and items are replaced regularly

​+1 companies charge a lot for labour when their parts are 'free'

usually bosch classixx washing machine will last quite few years.
mine bosch classixx washing over 5 years and no problem.

Funnily enough, as a landlord I've just replaced a Bosch classixx machine after 8 years that needed a new glass door and the cost to repair was £105 which I thought was not cost effective. I've just ordered an indesit washer dryer from Tesco for £249, used 10% off discount code TD-KHRP, added the £20 connection fee and 1p disposal of the appliance cost. Totalled £244.11 which I think is quite good for a branded washer dryer for a rental property.
The dryer part will hopefully encourage the tenants not to leave wet washing on airers to dry encouraging condensation.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions