Cheaper alternative to kitchen splashback??

Found 7th Apr
We're wanting to spruce up our kitchen on a small budget and id like some splashback but I've looked at a couple of places online and its quite expensive, anyone have any ideas to keep cost down or any cheaper ideas, I'd consider tiles but they're even dearer (the ones that are brick shape). Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Kitchen
Groups
  1. Kitchen
6 Comments
I used glass (I provided a 5mm MDF template) and then painted the rear side. Shops make a humungeous play of using special paints but we used the same Dulux matt as for the MDF divider panels and its now 8 years old and still attracts good comments. If you go down this route, and want holes (screws/sockets etc), make sure to ask before they cut anything. They can do it as part of the job but now post finishing.
We never bothered and it's painted. Was going to tile. Also looked at acrylic sheets. Paint is fine and wipes over nicely. Only painted twice in 10 years
Edited by: "wayners" 7th Apr
Original Poster
We currently have tiles which were painted black just as a cheap up do when we moved in but now they're starting to look messy and flaking off in places, rather than paint again we were just going to take them off and re do with splashback or tiles. Glass is a good idea! Will mention that to other half, thanks 🏻
Metro tiles £10 ish per square meter ! BnQ Wickes Homebase etc! All in and just get all in one Grout/ Adhesive an YouTube on how to tile ! Complete amateur an done this you couldn’t tell!
ASongOfFireAndIce9 h, 21 m ago

Metro tiles £10 ish per square meter ! BnQ Wickes Homebase etc! All in and …Metro tiles £10 ish per square meter ! BnQ Wickes Homebase etc! All in and just get all in one Grout/ Adhesive an YouTube on how to tile ! Complete amateur an done this you couldn’t tell!

I would agree Recently bought ten tiles from B&Q and a tub of adhesive and spacers from Poundworld, used some old grout - cost me £5.20
We got a light grey glass splashback new off eBay recently 600 x 800 mm for £49 delivered . Local glass shop wanted £166!. It started its journey in Poland......
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions