Cheaper replacement for Spotify (or discount for Spotify)

Found 31st Oct 2017
I've been using Spotify for about 2 years now and it's great - I was using my NUS student card to get a discount to a very reasonable £4.99 a month. However now Spotify has stopped supporting NUS and has moved to UniDays which means I'm now paying £9.99 a month. I can't sign up for UniDays as my place of education isn't supported, so now I'm stuck paying £9.99 a month which honestly I feel is too much for what it is, works out to be about £120 a year!

So I'm looking for good replacements that are relatively cheaper? Or alternatively a new discount for Spotify? Thanks.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments
You could sign up for Family Sharing, 6 account in the one. I am sure i have saw previous threads on here offering a "slot" for a monthly fee.
Spotify giftcards have 20% off in Tesco.
Amazon prime music. Sorted.
Original Poster
YikYak1 h, 35 m ago

Amazon prime music. Sorted.

Have you got it? I was considering it as it's £4 a month for students but haven't heard much feedback
SupremeJJ10 h, 19 m ago

Have you got it? I was considering it as it's £4 a month for students but …Have you got it? I was considering it as it's £4 a month for students but haven't heard much feedback

I am a prime member. Amazon music is included. You can download and listen to music offline , no ads, just like Spotify premium. I like the app, and although it doesn't have as much choice or recommendations as Spotify l think it's pretty good. Bear in mind that amazon prime gets me next day delivery , movies and other stuff, I see it as a benefit having music there too. So if you don't have prime, a student account is cheap!

Amazon music 'unlimited' is their paid feature. From my 3 months trial, it looks like you got a lot more choice and some of the latest album and pre releases etc.

I tend to use Spotify free when I'm at home and I don't mind the occasional ad. And when I'm on the move, not wanting to eat data, I use amazon music.

Hope that helps
Original Poster
YikYak12 h, 38 m ago

I am a prime member. Amazon music is included. You can download and listen …I am a prime member. Amazon music is included. You can download and listen to music offline , no ads, just like Spotify premium. I like the app, and although it doesn't have as much choice or recommendations as Spotify l think it's pretty good. Bear in mind that amazon prime gets me next day delivery , movies and other stuff, I see it as a benefit having music there too. So if you don't have prime, a student account is cheap!Amazon music 'unlimited' is their paid feature. From my 3 months trial, it looks like you got a lot more choice and some of the latest album and pre releases etc.I tend to use Spotify free when I'm at home and I don't mind the occasional ad. And when I'm on the move, not wanting to eat data, I use amazon music.Hope that helps

Thanks that really does! Gonna give Prime Unlimited music a go at the weekend
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants