Cheapest 17" Laptop

Found 21st Jan
Hi, I'm after the cheapest 17" laptop available. Most I've seen on her are gaming types, but it is just needed for basics, internet browsing and watching YouTube. It's for a family member who needs a large screen for health reasons but unfortunately a desktop isn't practical due to space ...
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Hand you considered an all in one? They start around £300. This one from Very (watch out for the deals they are always throwing out - sometimes 20% off, but more pay later, interest free).

HP 20-C010na Intel® Celeron®, 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Hard Drive, 19.5 Inch All In One Desktop PC - White
mrty1 h, 9 m ago

Hand you considered an all in one? They start around £300. This one from …Hand you considered an all in one? They start around £300. This one from Very (watch out for the deals they are always throwing out - sometimes 20% off, but more pay later, interest free).HP 20-C010na Intel® Celeron®, 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Hard Drive, 19.5 Inch All In One Desktop PC - White

Unfortunately they just don't have the room for a permanent set up like this and trying to find a big screened laptop cheaply seems impossible.
How cheap u want it if less than 150 go for used or u will end up it getting to slow within a year or 2. U can pick up decent used laptops for real good prices try ebay gumtree etc.
MynameisM55 m ago

How cheap u want it if less than 150 go for used or u will end up it …How cheap u want it if less than 150 go for used or u will end up it getting to slow within a year or 2. U can pick up decent used laptops for real good prices try ebay gumtree etc.

I'd say £300 maximum. I've been keeping my eye on Argos eBay outlet but nothing has come up.
You'll struggle to get a normal laptop of most sizes for £300, only the most popular 15".

Dell's Inspiron 17 5000-series models are usually one of the cheapest 17" models around. They're currently £530 but they often go into the four hundreds:
dell.com/en-…een
rachelandgromit21 h, 49 m ago

I'd say £300 maximum. I've been keeping my eye on Argos eBay outlet but …I'd say £300 maximum. I've been keeping my eye on Argos eBay outlet but nothing has come up.

I that case go for a used one u will be able get a really decent one for that budget I got one about 5 years ago for 110 quid still working fine. Avoid Intel celeron processor they seem to be go very slow very quickly.
MynameisM34 m ago

I that case go for a used one u will be able get a really decent one for …I that case go for a used one u will be able get a really decent one for that budget I got one about 5 years ago for 110 quid still working fine. Avoid Intel celeron processor they seem to be go very slow very quickly.

For several years now Intel have been using Celeron and Pentium to cover two different CPU designs with a very wide range of performance. The difference between two celerons can be much larger than the typical difference between an i3 and an i7.

Fortunately they've done something about it lately, labelling the CPUs that share the i3/i5/i7 design as Gold and the lower power ones that share the Atom design as Silver.

So the gold models are good budget choices, but I'd avoid the silver ones.
EndlessWaves14 h, 38 m ago

For several years now Intel have been using Celeron and Pentium to cover …For several years now Intel have been using Celeron and Pentium to cover two different CPU designs with a very wide range of performance. The difference between two celerons can be much larger than the typical difference between an i3 and an i7.Fortunately they've done something about it lately, labelling the CPUs that share the i3/i5/i7 design as Gold and the lower power ones that share the Atom design as Silver.So the gold models are good budget choices, but I'd avoid the silver ones.

Ok thanks for that extra information
Probably not the best but I got this one as it popped up refurbished with a warranty on Argos/eBay.

rover.ebay.com/rov…071
I also need a 17" Laptop, for my dad, only does web browsing and some word processing/basic excel.

Current laptop is now getting very old, and it is quite heavy.

This is the one he currently has:

17" Laptop HUKD

Any recommendations?

What did you end up with?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions