Cheapest 32" TV Offers Currently Available?

Posted 4th Jul 2020
Looking for a new TV for my grandparents. Got to be 32" (they won't accept anything bigger), have good visuals and sound. What are the best deals around at the moment?

Ideally something with a decent warranty but if the price is cheap enough that doesn't really matter. They don't use a soundbar so the TV needs to have fairly good sound.

I was thinking this from Richer Sounds might be a decent deal: richersounds.com/tv-…tml

The very top of the budget would be £350.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Curry's have a few 32's at decent prices:

60Hz JVC @ £149.99
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

or Toshiba @ £159
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

A pound more for a JVC with a built-in DVD player @ £160
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

Of course, you already know of Richer Sounds and their great TV warranties.

Philips @ £169
richersounds.com/tv-…tml

The Sony one you mention is great also but don't get too drawn in by the "Full HD" tag on a 32". It's pretty moot as it won't be that noticeable above a 720p (HD Ready) set at this size. Also, do they need a "smart" TV etc. (fairly clued up on tech?) or would it just be confusing to them?

If you want good sound, steer clear of some of the small Samsung TV's. They can be a bit 'tinny' ! Can you get them to visit a store to view/listen or is that out of the question? That's the best way, really.

Regards, Phsy.
Phsycronix05/07/2020 00:05

Curry's have a few 32's at decent prices:60Hz JVC @ …Curry's have a few 32's at decent prices:60Hz JVC @ £149.99https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/jvc-lt-32c490-32-hd-ready-led-tv-black-10188046-pdt.htmlor Toshiba @ £159https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/toshiba-32wl2a63db-32-smart-hd-ready-led-tv-10203747-pdt.htmlA pound more for a JVC with a built-in DVD player @ £160https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/toshiba-32wl2a63db-32-smart-hd-ready-led-tv-10203747-pdt.htmlOf course, you already know of Richer Sounds and their great TV warranties.Philips @ £169https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/all-tvs/philips-32pht5505.htmlThe Sony one you mention is great also but don't get too drawn in by the "Full HD" tag on a 32". It's pretty moot as it won't be that noticeable above a 720p (HD Ready) set at this size. Also, do they need a "smart" TV etc. (fairly clued up on tech?) or would it just be confusing to them?If you want good sound, steer clear of some of the small Samsung TV's. They can be a bit 'tinny' ! Can you get them to visit a store to view/listen or is that out of the question? That's the best way, really.Regards, Phsy.

Thanks for the advice. I was looking at the Sony for the Full HD but if that's not a big improvement from HD ready I guess that opens the options quite a bit.

They have a YouView box so don't really need any of the smart TV features or a DVD player.

Honestly something that's decently built and had good sound (important) and visuals is all that's needed. Will take a look at some of the options from currys.
Have you considered LG also?
richersounds.com/tv-…tml
£219. I have the previous year's equivalent and it's cracking for the money. The sound seems fine to me, picture is great and is full HD also.
Just buy them a big television 65" plus! They will love you and leave you more in their will.
CatsWithThumbs05/07/2020 00:52

Have you considered LG …Have you considered LG also?https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/lg-tvs/lg-32-hdr-smart-led-tv-1080p.html£219. I have the previous year's equivalent and it's cracking for the money. The sound seems fine to me, picture is great and is full HD also.

That seems like a really good deal. LG seems to have good reviews.
666FU05/07/2020 03:29

Just buy them a big television 65" plus! They will love you and leave you …Just buy them a big television 65" plus! They will love you and leave you more in their will.

hahaha
sienew05/07/2020 09:22

That seems like a really good deal. LG seems to have good reviews.

It's a very good tv, Best spec'd 32" tv you will find. It's also 60Hz but isn't advertised as 60Hz. It plays HDR too which is a nice bonus.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 5th Jul
.MUFC.05/07/2020 09:36

It's a very good tv, Best spec'd 32" tv you will find. It's also 60Hz but …It's a very good tv, Best spec'd 32" tv you will find. It's also 60Hz but isn't advertised as 60Hz. It plays HDR too which is a nice bonus.

That looks like the one to buy then. Seems to be same price on amazon so will go with Richer Sounds for the 6 year warranty. Really appreciate all the advice @.MUFC. , @CatsWithThumbs , @Phsycronix and of course @666FU for trying to keep me in the will

Will hold off checking out with this until tomorrow afternoon just in case any amazing offers is posted between now and then.
Edited by: "sienew" 5th Jul
sienew05/07/2020 10:08

That looks like the one to buy then. Seems to be same price on amazon so …That looks like the one to buy then. Seems to be same price on amazon so will go with Richer Sounds for the 6 year warranty. Really appreciate all the advice @.MUFC. , @CatsWithThumbs , @Phsycronix and of course @666FU for trying to keep me in the will Will hold off checking out with this until tomorrow afternoon just in case any amazing offers is posted between now and then.

It's a no brainer, Especially with the warranty. You won't regret it
Post a comment
@
    Text