Cheapest 5g phone

Posted 3rd Jun
What’s the cheapest 5g phone. I would like to use it as a hotspot so I don’t have to get a broadband contract. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
I tried xiaomi mi 3 5g as hotspot, the phone was cheapest and i was getting 350mb download speeds average on vodafone, but hotspot is not that strong to give you full speed. I tested on 5hz wifi band but always has to be near the phone in order to get 150 mb speeds.

I also tried tethering with one of the usb wifi router but did not make any much difference.

Best is to get a router but its expensive at the moment.
secretmsg03/06/2020 23:40

I tried xiaomi mi 3 5g as hotspot, the phone was cheapest and i was …I tried xiaomi mi 3 5g as hotspot, the phone was cheapest and i was getting 350mb download speeds average on vodafone, but hotspot is not that strong to give you full speed. I tested on 5hz wifi band but always has to be near the phone in order to get 150 mb speeds.I also tried tethering with one of the usb wifi router but did not make any much difference.Best is to get a router but its expensive at the moment.

Would you need something like WiFi 6?

I tried xiaomi mi 3 5g as hotspot, the phone was cheapest and i was …I tried xiaomi mi 3 5g as hotspot, the phone was cheapest and i was getting 350mb download speeds average on vodafone, but hotspot is not that strong to give you full speed. I tested on 5hz wifi band but always has to be near the phone in order to get 150 mb speeds.I also tried tethering with one of the usb wifi router but did not make any much difference.Best is to get a router but its expensive at the moment.

150mb is great. I’m streaming shows from my voxi 4g using my iPhone se hotspot with just 7mb download speed. My other tethered devices slow right down though obviously when I’m doing this. If I was getting 150 it would be amazing. I might try the mi 3. Any issues with the phone for you?

150mb is very fast .
15mb is fast enough to stream full HD
20mb 4K
I get 190mb from my 4g EE sim .
But only get 60GB a month . But never seem to go over 50GB .
Xiaomi Redmi 10x\10x Pro 5G are probably the cheapest 5G phone you can buy right now, but not sure if anyone in the UK has stock yet though, if not it will have to be the usual HK sellers like gearbest, geekbuying, AliExpress etc

m.gsmarena.com/com…267
Uridium04/06/2020 10:01

Xiaomi Redmi 10x\10x Pro 5G are probably the cheapest 5G phone you can buy …Xiaomi Redmi 10x\10x Pro 5G are probably the cheapest 5G phone you can buy right now, but not sure if anyone in the UK has stock yet though, if not it will have to be the usual HK sellers like gearbest, geekbuying, AliExpress etchttps://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10266&idPhone2=10267

Laptop direct.com
dave.richardsonskV04/06/2020 10:50

Laptop direct.com

Link is wrong but I assume you mean the mi mix 3 5g from laptops direct.co.uk?

Good handset (if you like the slider style, I'm not a fan) with average battery and not getting much update love from Xiaomi. I think the newly released Redmi 10x 5G is a better buy now.
Edited by: "Uridium" 4th Jun
Uridium04/06/2020 11:06

Link is wrong but I assume you mean the mi mix 3 5g from laptops …Link is wrong but I assume you mean the mi mix 3 5g from laptops direct.co.uk?Good handset (if you like the slider style, I'm not a fan) with average battery and not getting much update love from Xiaomi. I think the newly released Redmi 10x 5G is a better buy now.

Ok thanks
the mi mix 3 is £240 on eBay from Germany, don’t know how legit it will be, but the seller has 58.000 feedback
Mendoza04/06/2020 15:30

the mi mix 3 is £240 on eBay from Germany, don’t know how legit it will be …the mi mix 3 is £240 on eBay from Germany, don’t know how legit it will be, but the seller has 58.000 feedback

Have you got a link for that? I cant seem to find it
And a link for redmi too pls
brumtom04/06/2020 15:43

Have you got a link for that? I cant seem to find it

I believe this should work, but I’ve probably made a mistake somewhere

mi max 3
Post a comment
@
    Text