Cheapest Android phone to run Adobe Acrobat Reader and scan documenst?

Found 15th Feb
Hi, I'm urgently need of a cheap Android phone, which I will use mainly to scan documents to pdf. It doesn't need to be the best, as long as the scan is readable. It will be mainly black and white text. In the past I had a Nexus 7 on which I used to use Acrobat Reader and it would make great scans. I assume it will probably require at least Android 5.0. And it must work on Virgin as well.

Alternatively I'd consider a cheap camera, but I'm not sure if they scan scan to pdf. Thank you.
Community Updates
8 Comments
Redmi note. 3 or 4 or 5.. I scan fine to pdf using an app
Edited by: "wayners" 15th Feb
Cheapest? Likely the o2 Alcatel Pixi 4 4 (4" screen) @ £15 + 99p unlock, although borderline for your requirements and generally naff low-end toy performance from its 0.5GB RAM. Or effectively about £5 more after £9 cashback for acceptable 5" screen and 1GB RAM via EE Alcatel Pixi 4 5 at £29.99 + 99p unlock.
o2.co.uk/sho…new no topup required, + 99p unlock ebay.co.uk/itm…332
EE Alcatel Pixi 4 5 shop.ee.co.uk/mob…ils + 99p unlock ebay.co.uk/itm…837 + £9 TCB (ends 19 Feb 2018) topcashback.co.uk/ee-…go/
Both suggested handsets will need an image-to-PDF app, of which there are many freebies available on Play store.
Original Poster
AndyRoyd22 h, 38 m ago

Cheapest? Likely the o2 Alcatel Pixi 4 4 (4" screen) @ £15 + 99p unlock, …Cheapest? Likely the o2 Alcatel Pixi 4 4 (4" screen) @ £15 + 99p unlock, although borderline for your requirements and generally naff low-end toy performance from its 0.5GB RAM. Or effectively about £5 more after £9 cashback for acceptable 5" screen and 1GB RAM via EE Alcatel Pixi 4 5 at £29.99 + 99p unlock.https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/alcatel/pixi4-4-like-new#contractType=payasyougo no topup required, + 99p unlock https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221377905332EE Alcatel Pixi 4 5 https://shop.ee.co.uk/mobile-phones/pay-as-you-go/alcatel-pixi-4-5-payg/details# + 99p unlock https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221368186837 + £9 TCB (ends 19 Feb 2018) https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ee-pay-as-you-go/Both suggested handsets will need an image-to-PDF app, of which there are many freebies available on Play store.

Hi Andy, thanks.

Do I have to top up the 02 one or not?

And would 512MB be enough to run Adobe Acrobat Reader?
Original Poster
And one more thing: is this the one that comes wth no cables and no charger?
gorgo201526 m ago

Hi Andy, thanks. Do I have to top up the 02 one or not?And would 512MB be …Hi Andy, thanks. Do I have to top up the 02 one or not?And would 512MB be enough to run Adobe Acrobat Reader?

No requirement for topup with the o2 "Like New", just select what sort of SIM & talk package you may want (o2 assumes you will top it up at some later date, but no obligation). 512MB is enough to run most apps inc AAR, although sluggish. Main issue with the 4 4 for your requirements is the low-end camera, although it may be passable. The 4 5 is easily worth the effective additional £5 to improve all-round performance, benefit from a better camera and increased storage, plus you have £10 of credit to use / sell (?).
Yes, the o2 "Like New" = phone + transit box, where the "box" is usually some folded cardboard with a phone taped to it; no ancilliaries.
Original Poster
AndyRoyd1 h, 11 m ago

No requirement for topup with the o2 "Like New", just select what sort of …No requirement for topup with the o2 "Like New", just select what sort of SIM & talk package you may want (o2 assumes you will top it up at some later date, but no obligation). 512MB is enough to run most apps inc AAR, although sluggish. Main issue with the 4 4 for your requirements is the low-end camera, although it may be passable. The 4 5 is easily worth the effective additional £5 to improve all-round performance, benefit from a better camera and increased storage, plus you have £10 of credit to use / sell (?).Yes, the o2 "Like New" = phone + transit box, where the "box" is usually some folded cardboard with a phone taped to it; no ancilliaries.

About the EE Pixi 4 5. I believe this can work on a Virgin Media without unlocking?

And do I have to top it up?
gorgo201521 m ago

About the EE Pixi 4 5. I believe this can work on a Virgin Media without …About the EE Pixi 4 5. I believe this can work on a Virgin Media without unlocking?And do I have to top it up?

Virgin Mobile uses EE but not sure if a VM SIM is interpreted as EE by the network, but only 99p to sort if not. The initial £10 top-up is obligatory when buying that handset on PAYG from EE, but no more obligatory topups required after the handset purchase. The £9 TCB is still available to offset that cost though.
I wouldn't get a phone with less than 1gb ram. My 512mb ram phone I occasionally use is useless with modern apps, some heavy apps crash if the keyboard tries to load as there isn't the resources for both. 1gb minimum is needed really.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants