Cheapest anytime landline

Posted 30th Oct
I’m looking for the cheapest all week landline.
Community Updates
19 Comments
Now TV do a pretty good deal with Broadway
Horses for courses but I ditched our unlimited landline calls when switching providers a few months ago. All the family mobiles have u/l calls included and that's what we use now. Call Ireland regularly so took a Skype package to cater for that.
Unless you chat for more than 100 minutes EVERY day, a mobile would work out cheaper. Plus WhatsApp and Facebook messenger calls are free
Edited by: "chocci" 30th Oct
Anyone heard of Vonage.com
Basel30/10/2019 08:44

Sorry Vonage.co.uk

Needs internet access to function, so unless the user lives near a freebie WiFi coffee-shop-type outlet and has an access point to convert the login to an always-on connection, a secondary subscription is required.
NowBroadband total £18/m on 12m contract for ll + unlimited UK ll & mob calls with about £70+ cashback opportunity from the usual players.
Circa £10/m 12m 3 network SIMO with £50+ cashback opportunity, plus optional freebie geographic landline number for incoming calls (optional chargeable outgoing ll-sourced calls, but obvsly not required if using the network SIM for outgoing calls).
AndyRoyd30/10/2019 10:43

Needs internet access to function, so unless the user lives near a freebie …Needs internet access to function, so unless the user lives near a freebie WiFi coffee-shop-type outlet and has an access point to convert the login to an always-on connection, a secondary subscription is required.

So why can’t I just connect to my home internet
Basel30/10/2019 11:04

Of course you can, but that means two subs: one for your home internet and one for Vonage, where just the Von sub is £15/m for unlimited ll&mob calls, so must be more cost effective to go for the total £18/m NowBB+calls deal, or the £10/m cellular option.
Basel30/10/2019 11:04

you can but surely you pay for line rental anyway then so might be cheap to just add unlimited calls to your service
AndyRoyd30/10/2019 11:34

Of course you can, but that means two subs: one for your home internet and …Of course you can, but that means two subs: one for your home internet and one for Vonage, where just the Von sub is £15/m for unlimited ll&mob calls, so must be more cost effective to go for the total £18/m NowBB+calls deal, or the £10/m cellular option.

I’m confused, Two subscriptions for what?
chocci30/10/2019 11:34

you can but surely you pay for line rental anyway then so might be cheap …you can but surely you pay for line rental anyway then so might be cheap to just add unlimited calls to your service

I have landline already but that’s a home one. I need an additional for work.
Basel30/10/2019 11:35

I’m confused, Two subscriptions for what?

One for the broadband, one for Vonage.
AndyRoyd30/10/2019 11:48

One for the broadband, one for Vonage.

Why can’t I plug it into my router or modem?
Basel30/10/2019 12:00

Why can’t I plug it into my router or modem?

You can and would, and you'd still be paying two subscriptions (one for your BB; one for Vonage).
AndyRoyd30/10/2019 12:02

You can and would, and you'd still be paying two subscriptions (one for …You can and would, and you'd still be paying two subscriptions (one for your BB; one for Vonage).

So what’s a cheaper option?
Basel30/10/2019 12:04

So what’s a cheaper option?

If you don't want to change your broadband to the inclusive NowBroadband option:
cellular for outgoing calls (optionally coupled to freebie virtual landline for incoming calls).
AndyRoyd30/10/2019 12:07

If you don't want to change your broadband to the inclusive NowBroadband …If you don't want to change your broadband to the inclusive NowBroadband option: cellular for outgoing calls (optionally coupled to freebie virtual landline for incoming calls).

I have a landline for personal, this one will be for business.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants