Groups
    EXPIRED

Cheapest Blu Ray Player

Hi guys and girls, looking for the cheapest blu ray player possible to use with a NON HDTV.

Reason being, mum and her bf want to watch my blueys in their room and they dont care about picture quality. Would be more convenient and cheaper than buying all my films on dvd.

Just to check, does anyone know if a blu ray player will work with a non-HD tv?

Thanks in advance guys, rep waiting for helpers.

Jim

9 Comments

I was under the impression that blu ray players don't come with a scart socket? If I am correct then they wouldn't connect to a non HDTV.

Original Poster

thearbiter65;7842042

I was under the impression that blu ray players don't come with a scart … I was under the impression that blu ray players don't come with a scart socket? If I am correct then they wouldn't connect to a non HDTV.

im sure someone said it should be fine, ive got no idea myself.

Just found this for you:

digitalspy.co.uk/for…533

A few people on digital spy were discussing whether blu ray players have scart or not. If they have HDMI only as Sony do, then you can't use on your non HD TV

Hope that helps

Dont know much about this myself, but I use the red white and yellow cables to connect my blu ray player to the tv in my bedroom? TV is flat screen but one of the very very early versions

nearly all blu-ray player come without scart sockets, but as munnski says some will have component sockets,which would be your best bet.
    And should you really be lendind your mum your adult films?(blueys):p

LOL why get a blu-ray player for a non-HDTV?!

Ben3110;7843385

Didn't the OP say why? :?

Original Poster

thearbiter65;7842865

Just found this for … Just found this for you:http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1007533A few people on digital spy were discussing whether blu ray players have scart or not. If they have HDMI only as Sony do, then you can't use on your non HD TVHope that helps

Cheers buddy, will have a look for ones with scart. rep left

munnski;7842976

Dont know much about this myself, but I use the red white and yellow … Dont know much about this myself, but I use the red white and yellow cables to connect my blu ray player to the tv in my bedroom? TV is flat screen but one of the very very early versions

Its quite an old tele, one with built in speakers on either side of the screen that look like ears lol. cheers,rep left.

pistol6000;7843141

nearly all blu-ray player come without scart sockets, but as munnski says … nearly all blu-ray player come without scart sockets, but as munnski says some will have component sockets,which would be your best bet.And should you really be lendind your mum your adult films?(blueys):p

OK ill have a look, and its her fault for asking me why im always in my room! lol rep left bud.

Ben3110;7843385

LOL why not read before commenting? :roll:

Sharp BD-HP21H is probably your best bet. £69.97 delivered from ]PC World or £69.00 from ]ASDA.

You should be able to hook it up with your SD TV. More details.... ]http//ww…/p1. Good luck.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6845/9422sharpbdhp21hrear.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423014437
      2. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1433
      3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710945
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047069

See more discussions