cheapest car and insurance for 19yr old

Found 6th Jul 2011
anyone know the best car to buy my daughter, in order to get cheap car insurance?
shes 19 and just passed her test.

19 Comments

Nothing will be cheap if shes getting insured by herself.

Should get extra driving experience, Pass plus etc, brings it down.

Best cars would be small engines corsa etc

man, I'm 17 and I've done PassPlus... my insurance is working out at about 5-6k.... not fair at all!

Something small and not very powerful. Peugeot 106, Nissan Micra, Ford Fiesta, etc

kingboom4

man, I'm 17 and I've done PassPlus... my insurance is working out at … man, I'm 17 and I've done PassPlus... my insurance is working out at about 5-6k.... not fair at all!

Understandable though Same boat as you cept ive done it all am now 19 with 1years ncb and insurance for a 1.6 for me is now 900

[img]t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6K7l2Nb9d6ABFcXOmrlTsr0gIIAq2dXC4lwsy3ozNfxpr-NBJ[/img]

Banned

Last time i did a quote for a 16 year old fully comp it worked out about £600 here
Some of you must live in rough areas

whatsThePoint

Last time i did a quote for a 16 year old fully comp it worked out about … Last time i did a quote for a 16 year old fully comp it worked out about £600 hereSome of you must live in rough areas

16 Year Old ? 17's the driving age though?

Oh no your not from the ilse of something is it ?

Original Poster

THANKS GUYS X

Banned

DannyM

16 Year Old ? 17's the driving age though?Oh no your not from the ilse of … 16 Year Old ? 17's the driving age though?Oh no your not from the ilse of something is it ?

No i'm not from the isle of Man
But i do live here now

Having no speed limits has given us one of the lowest accident rates of anywhere in the world, so the insurance has been reduced accordingly

Put the parents on as named drivers. will reduce the premium.

Don't forget to put yourself on the insurance. My daughter's insurance (from Admiral through a comparison website) on a 10 year old Nissan Micra when she was 17 a year ago and newly passed came down from 1800 to 900 just by having me and my wife as named drivers on the policy.

whatsThePoint

No i'm not from the isle of ManBut i do live here now Having no speed … No i'm not from the isle of ManBut i do live here now Having no speed limits has given us one of the lowest accident rates of anywhere in the world, so the insurance has been reduced accordingly

That sounds great! but am i right that its 16 to drive there ?

Try Swinton....my daughter got a good deal there

Banned

DannyM

That sounds great! but am i right that its 16 to drive there ?

Yeah 16

Front on the insurance cheap and perfectly legal

Tesco I find is cheapest for me.
I have 10 yrs NCB and drive a 1.4 HDI Citroen C3 which will cost me £289 to renew.
I remember my 1st car insurance at 17 was about £1200 for a car I paid £120 for Daft money, so for the 4 years after my Dad was always a named driver too on the insurance.

My Quote was 9 Grand when I was 19 o.O.

And that was only 3rd Party, Meh -.-

Try fronting. Illegal, technically yes, but the only way to afford young drivers unsurance these days......

try Co-Op young drivers insurance, just done it for our lad, they fit a black-box to the car & we are both named drivers on the policy to get it down a bit more.

This is the data it records & you can go online to keep an eye on their & yours (if you use the vehicle) driving. If you give 90 days of good readings, you qualify for a premium discounts.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions