Cheapest care agency for elderly in London?

Posted 29th Apr
Social services are refusing any care for my granddad. What would he the cheapest paid care agency in London?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
How old is your grandad and why are they refusing? Do they think he doesn’t need care?
XSerenityX29/04/2020 19:37

How old is your grandad and why are they refusing? Do they think he …How old is your grandad and why are they refusing? Do they think he doesn’t need care?

He is over the savings threshold and doesn't want them going into everything
Oh I understand that. They should still be able to sort out some care for him even if he is paying himself. Maybe ask them for a list of care agencies and look at the reviews and call them with any questions you have.
If you are self funding you shouldn’t have to fill in a financial assessment. Those are only usually filled in when you’re asking for help with fees.
deleted341252
Care from social services is means tested, if you have a certain amount they wont help at all.
Unfortunately care agencies in London is probably the most expensive, would it be possible to move your Granddad elsewhere?

Other option is to hire private carers but make sure you have cameras installed that you can see on your phone regardless of who you use - learn from my mistake.
deleted34125229/04/2020 19:43

Care from social services is means tested, if you have a certain amount …Care from social services is means tested, if you have a certain amount they wont help at all.Unfortunately care agencies in London is probably the most expensive, would it be possible to move your Granddad elsewhere?Other option is to hire private carers but make sure you have cameras installed that you can see on your phone regardless of who you use - learn from my mistake.

Would you care to share what happened?
Did they have sticky fingers?
deleted341252
ryan_reynolds29/04/2020 19:50

Would you care to share what happened?Did they have sticky fingers?

Yes loads went missing and found out too late. Police want proof on CCTV to make a case.
Instead of doing the required work were sitting watching TV.
This was someone recommended by an agency but your hired as self-employed person.
Also had a DBS check and references - worth for nothing in the end.
Edited by: "deleted341252" 29th Apr
If he has savings, get him to pay for his funeral now, so things are taken off and his savings will also be reduced.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions