Which coffee machine has pods available cheaper eg- Aldi

Nespresso vs dolce gusto

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
In all fairness I think it’s the same.
I have the dolce gusto and B&M do a pack of 10 horlicks for £2. So coming back to the question. Are you just going for coffee? It’s down to taste but I’d say just for coffee then Nespresso is your friend, if you want coffee and others Dolce Gusto, if you want a quiet life don’t move next to an airport.
DanSpaghetti07/10/2019 18:50

In all fairness I think it’s the same. I have the dolce gusto and B&M do a …In all fairness I think it’s the same. I have the dolce gusto and B&M do a pack of 10 horlicks for £2. So coming back to the question. Are you just going for coffee? It’s down to taste but I’d say just for coffee then Nespresso is your friend, if you want coffee and others Dolce Gusto, if you want a quiet life don’t move next to an airport.

I’m also leaning towards a nespresso. Need to find a half decent model now.
We just changed from nespresso to dolce gusto. Got fed up of searching out nice tasting compatibles that tasted naff. The 16 gusto pods work out cheaper than than 10 compatible nespresso pods. Being original gusto they are nice tasting too. Haven't bothered looking for gusto compatibles.
5reds07/10/2019 18:51

I’m also leaning towards a nespresso. Need to find a half decent model now.

Depends on your coffee needs. A friend has the Nespresso expert which is good but hefty costs. As I say I have a Dolce Gusto and you can now get good costa and Starbucks coffee which in my opinion taste just like the shops......minus screaming kids and MacBooks
Get yourself a proper bean to cup machine. Cheap fresh beans and less plastic waste going to landfill etc.
What’s a good model, what do you guys have?
darsuke07/10/2019 18:51

We just changed from nespresso to dolce gusto. Got fed up of searching out …We just changed from nespresso to dolce gusto. Got fed up of searching out nice tasting compatibles that tasted naff. The 16 gusto pods work out cheaper than than 10 compatible nespresso pods. Being original gusto they are nice tasting too. Haven't bothered looking for gusto compatibles.

DanSpaghetti07/10/2019 18:54

Depends on your coffee needs. A friend has the Nespresso expert which is …Depends on your coffee needs. A friend has the Nespresso expert which is good but hefty costs. As I say I have a Dolce Gusto and you can now get good costa and Starbucks coffee which in my opinion taste just like the shops......minus screaming kids and MacBooks

.MUFC.07/10/2019 19:04

Get yourself a proper bean to cup machine. Cheap fresh beans and less …Get yourself a proper bean to cup machine. Cheap fresh beans and less plastic waste going to landfill etc.

Wouldn’t be able to afford £200+ I know it’s cheaper after time. But depends how often I’d use this!
5reds07/10/2019 19:05

I just got the mini auto as it was only £40 with 96 pods.

Wouldn’t be able to afford £200+ I know it’s cheaper after time. But depe …Wouldn’t be able to afford £200+ I know it’s cheaper after time. But depends how often I’d use this!

What about a pump machine?

example

I have the Oblo but I’m considering this one DeLonghi NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Mini Me EDG155.BG Pod Coffee Machine and Other Automatic Drinks-Black & Arctic Grey, Plastic, 1460 W, Black and Arctic Grey amazon.co.uk/dp/…VGE as you can adjust the bars to get the right coffee settings. I also believe this is on offer in some Aldi coupled with a few boxes of coffee for about £30-40ish
Thanks. I’m going to try the mini me - as it doesn’t cost much compared to others
Asda nespresso pods £1.55 and sainsburys £1.65 are decent - id get nespresso over dolce gusto or tassimo anyday
Amazon Solimo Ristretto work out at about 7p per pod.

Amazon Brand Solimo Nespresso* Compatible Ristretto capsules- UTZ certified, 100 capsules (2 x 50) amazon.co.uk/dp/…6T3
Edited by: "davewave" 7th Oct
Aldi do there own coffee pods!
i have a dolce gusto and the single use plastic pods going to landfill is shameful. i am getting a reusable pod from amazon in which you can fill with ground coffee havnt tried it yet as awaiting on delivery.

Wouldn’t be able to afford £200+ I know it’s cheaper after time. But depe …Wouldn’t be able to afford £200+ I know it’s cheaper after time. But depends how often I’d use this!

It really does work out cheaper in the long-run though, I get a 1kg bag of beans for around £6-8 in Costco, but you can get 1kg bags of beans in Tesco for around £10-12. 1kg lasts me about 2-3 months making around 2-3 coffees a day, so even at £10 a kilo its under 5p per coffee.
I use Nespresso pods and most discount stores/supermarkets work out at 10p a pod or even cheaper from Amazon. I also love the small footprint of my Essenza Mini (33 cm x 8.4 cm x 20.4 cm (L x W x H)) which is great for my small (cluttered with gadgets!) kitchen.

They often have used Delonghi Bean to Cup coffee machines advertised on this site... they are usually on ebay refurbed direct from Delonghi with Warranty... I got one around 6 months ago for £142.17 no need for these plastic pods which are rubbish for the environment.
w1nd08/10/2019 13:41

They often have used Delonghi Bean to Cup coffee machines advertised on …They often have used Delonghi Bean to Cup coffee machines advertised on this site... they are usually on ebay refurbed direct from Delonghi with Warranty... I got one around 6 months ago for £142.17 no need for these plastic pods which are rubbish for the environment.

You can get reusable pods that you fill with ground coffee, if your finances don’t stretch that far. About 2.50-3.50 fleabay x
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants