Found 6th Mar 2010
Looking for a cheap courier to send 2 small parcels with, both below 10kg.

1. Misc
  2. Courier
26 Comments

jim..

Original Poster

I doubt a former American tennis number one is going to help me on this one mate

en.wikipedia.org/wik…ier

[url]www.interpacel.com[/url]
[url]www.collectplus.co.uk[/url]

Original Poster

The cheapest option on parcel2go says "This service carries a £10 collection surcharge"

What exactly does that mean?

never used parcel2go, i have always used interparcel as there are no catches, 6.99+vat is cheapest. brilliant service everytime, i also have an account with them, A**** rating for every service

Original Poster

Oh yeah i also need one where i don't need a printer, the cheapest one on interparcel requires a printer. Also if i select 2 parcels you can only post to the same address.

i take it this is dhl? when we use parcel2go we do the hdnl option. my brother uses [url]www.myhermes.co.uk[/url] as dependent on exact weight they are sometimes cheaper.

odriscoll;8036384

The cheapest option on parcel2go says "This service carries a £10 … The cheapest option on parcel2go says "This service carries a £10 collection surcharge" What exactly does that mean?

How about £5.99 + vat by hdnl network

or

dhl £6.99 + vat?

Original Poster

But does surcharge mean it's £10 on top or is it something to do with going over the weight or something?

7.99 + for dhl on interparcel but it is 48 hours but they usually deliver the parcel in 24 hours

Original Poster

Was only really hoping to spend £14 max on the 2.

no1 mentioned parcel monkey?

parcel2go offers £4 quidco cashback

never seen anything good about parcel monkey

Original Poster

Think I'm going for myhermes but do i need a printer?

No mate. brilliant service as well

Original Poster

So what happens then mate? Do they throw a label on it at the door?

Original Poster

In fact i think I'll steer clear of myhermes after reading some reviews on here.

trustpilot.co.uk/rev….uk

yeah if i remember rightly you can put the address on as normal. I've used them before and would rate them up with DHL but cheaper. i either use interparcel or myhermes. wouldn't recommend any others mate

You never mentioned if UK or international delivery. If domestic, I always find parcel force are quite good and cheap.

Collect+ is cheapest £4.49 but you have to take/collect from a shop

collectplus.co.uk/

Parcel monkey have been fine for me, sent out a bunch of stuff this week all OK, and haven't paid more that £7.00 inc VAT, also used we deliver the world with no complaints either.

odriscoll;8036384

The cheapest option on parcel2go says "This service carries a £10 … The cheapest option on parcel2go says "This service carries a £10 collection surcharge" What exactly does that mean?

As far as I am aware, if it is a collection surcharge, I think that it means if you want them to collect it from you, as opposed to dropping it of at their depot, then their is an extra £10.00 charge.
Hope it's of help :thumbsup:

I use myhermes lots they are fantastic, well I've never had a single problem with them anyway!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sainsbury's tu11
    2. NVR upgrade Issue.12
    3. meaning of op78
    4. Mobile phone advice1014

See more discussions