Expired

Cheapest courier to send an Xbox One?

Found 14th Dec 2013
I need to sell my Xbox One on eBay but, the maximum postage you can stick on in that catorgory is £24.75 or something like that, yet every where I look, it's more expensive than that to send. I'm wondering if there's somewhere I'm missing.

I don't know the exact weight of the parcel but, I know the Xbox One on it's own is near 5KG, so pacakged with Kinect it'll be over 5KG so I'm selecting 10KG for the weight (maybe that's my mistake, maybe some companies are cheaper for say 6KG). It looks decently priced, until you add in compensation for £500, then it adds another £20 to the price :-(.

I tried Parcel Monkey but, they only give you the base price for £50 compensation and I haven't been through every company changing the compensation but, the ones I have tried, shove another £20 or more onto the price.

Had tried Gumtree with no success but, my partners decided this morning she'd prefer if no one came to the house to collect it as it's possibly too risky and I do agree.
Community Updates
AskCourierXbox
23 Comments
Have you tried Yodal?
collect plus is pretty good
parcel2go should do it for about £15 max
Collect+
Get it all wrapped up ready for despatch then take it to your Post Office and see how much they will charge then you can see exactly what it weighs go home then check the couriers see what they will take to post.
Parcel force 48hr £500 insurance weighing approx 9kg =£26 by the look of it on Royal Mail price finder
Maybe not then as just checked lol. I would just put collection only as lots people after them
If you don't want anyone coming to house, meet outside in a public place like Tesco coffee bar, or Morrison's etc. You are always best to deal Cash on Collection if possible especially this time of year.
Once I tell Yodel I want £500 insurance instead of £20, they add £24 to the price.

Collect Plus only offer up to £300 collection.

Parcel2go is the same as ParcelMonkey, once I add extra comp, they shove at least an extra £20 on to the price :-(.

Think Royal Mail either Parcel Force of special delivery, is the "cheapest" at £26 but, like I say still more than eBay will allow me to enter for postage.
Try 'advertising' it on your Facebook, if you have it. If a friend wants to buy it, problem solved. Although personally, I would rather collection on such an item than to post it. Less risks with collection. Buyer can get your a dress from ebay anyway, do not much difference.
bex85

Once I tell Yodel I want £500 insurance instead of £20, they add £24 to th … Once I tell Yodel I want £500 insurance instead of £20, they add £24 to the price. Collect Plus only offer up to £300 collection. Parcel2go is the same as ParcelMonkey, once I add extra comp, they shove at least an extra £20 on to the price :-(. Think Royal Mail either Parcel Force of special delivery, is the "cheapest" at £26 but, like I say still more than eBay will allow me to enter for postage.

Special delivery good but not for this it will be too expensive. Parcel force 48 is tracked guaranteed and signed for.
I've sent one via Collect+ Standard with £300 insurance (the max) for £13.49 and got £1 back through Quidco. It was 7.5KG
Why not put it on ebay as free delivery (save on %10 fee) but add to your asking price.
Colin_Girth

I've sent one via Collect+ Standard with £300 insurance (the max) for … I've sent one via Collect+ Standard with £300 insurance (the max) for £13.49 and got £1 back through Quidco. It was 7.5KG

That was my next question, if it was worth risking sending it with £300 insurance.

I did consider asking my brother if he wanted to buy it off me but, friends and family live miles away! no one I know round this area will be interested in buying it :(.
royal mail special delivery next day 1pm £500 insured is approx £25.

plus you know its safe and will get there. used UPS and the driver didn't turn up and was told I was not in when I waited all day. City link tried nicking my parcel which was being delivered to me. Yodel ignore any requests for delivery on certain days etc.....

As you can see I have had a nightmare with couriers this christmas so would rather spend a extra couple of quid and use Royal mail special delivery fully insured
People will bid more if the postage is lower. So in the end you win! As people just factor the postage into account. I put a PS4 on there and put £15 postage and got over £30 more than the rest were going for as people bid on mine rather than the ones which were gaining profit from postage!
Yeah I'm considering offering "fast and free" postage now lol. Normally I wouldn't but, may work in my favour. :-)
I also did a 24hr auction too, which ended at 9:30. As most people will have lost many bids before then for one and coming to the end of the day so generally they'll bid a little more. Oh the tricks of eBay!
RitchieP

Have you tried Yodal?

We had a card through our door the other day saying they had left a parcel at a neighbours and as we were expecting stuff I went over and it was a massive box from a bathroom suppliers, not something we had ordered, the box was a mess, no paperwork on it (Delivery note) and even had 'Wrong address' wrote on it, and wasn't even the same postcode as ours, he contacted them to pick it up and a bloke turned up in what looked like a builders van with ladders on the roof....doesn't boost ones confidence in them TBH.
Likely2

We had a card through our door the other day saying they had left a … We had a card through our door the other day saying they had left a parcel at a neighbours and as we were expecting stuff I went over and it was a massive box from a bathroom suppliers, not something we had ordered, the box was a mess, no paperwork on it (Delivery note) and even had 'Wrong address' wrote on it, and wasn't even the same postcode as ours, he contacted them to pick it up and a bloke turned up in what looked like a builders van with ladders on the roof....doesn't boost ones confidence in them TBH.

Ouch, glad I don't use them thanks for the heads up - only reason I mentioned it was that they delivered some goods last week and looked them up on the net, prices seemed cheap enough, now I know why
Try selling locally on the FREE Facebook selling pages - save a LOAD of money from eBay & Paypal who's charges, in my opinion, are very, very overpriced!!!
Collect plus or MyHermes
My Hermes are pretty good.
But PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE avoid parcel monkey, took my money this week for a delivery next day via Citylink but they have failed to turn up to collect the item for three days.
Day one claimed they called but were told there was nothing to collect. CCTV shows no Citylink called.
Day two they claim they could not find the address. Although I live on a main road.
Day three no one in the area.
All this booked for next day delivery. Parcel monkey have no telephone support and very poor internet support. AVOID
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants