Cheapest device I can buy for Netflix Dolby Atmos

Posted 20th Mar
Can't believe I need to purchase an Xbox console just to get Dolby Atmos while playing Netflix. I have a 2018 Samsung nu7500 and a Samsung HW N850 soundbar and I still don't get Dolby Atmos through the Netflix app on my TV. I'm not sure if it's a issue with Samsung or Netflix but I've been advised to get an Xbox console or apple tv 4k box or nvidia shield to get Dolby Atmos

what's my cheapest way around this please?
would my Amazon 4k firestick do?
can't see it on the Netflix website as being a supported device to get Dolby Atmos
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
40143829-bQZmY.jpg
D3LL80Y20/03/2020 07:26

[Image]

Looks like I'm going to have to fork out on an Xbox console then doesn't it. At the price they go for I might as well purchase one of them over the apple TV

Unbelievable that a TV that cost me £800 doesn't support Dolby Atmos through the Netflix app. Very surprised that the Amazon stick and Nvidia shield doesn't either
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 20th Mar
efc_4ever20/03/2020 07:38

Looks like I'm going to have to fork out on an Xbox console then doesn't …Looks like I'm going to have to fork out on an Xbox console then doesn't it. At the price they go for I might as well purchase one of them over the apple TVUnbelievable that a TV that cost me £800 doesn't support Dolby Atmos through the Netflix app. Very surprised that the Amazon stick and Nvidia shield doesn't either

I think it’s all down to licensing
Apple

Looks like I'm going to have to fork out on an Xbox console then doesn't …Looks like I'm going to have to fork out on an Xbox console then doesn't it. At the price they go for I might as well purchase one of them over the apple TVUnbelievable that a TV that cost me £800 doesn't support Dolby Atmos through the Netflix app. Very surprised that the Amazon stick and Nvidia shield doesn't either

There’s always something missing
Pretty sure the Amazon Cube supports Atmos on Netflix.
Oneday7720/03/2020 08:30

Pretty sure the Amazon Cube supports Atmos on Netflix.

That's interesting. Definitely something I will look into. Thanks

After looking at reviews on Amazon it seems as if it may support Dolby Atmos Netflix . Some are saying it doesn't but some of the most recent reviews are saying it does
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 20th Mar
efc_4ever20/03/2020 08:39

That's interesting. Definitely something I will look into. ThanksAfter …That's interesting. Definitely something I will look into. ThanksAfter looking at reviews on Amazon it seems as if it may support Dolby Atmos Netflix . Some are saying it doesn't but some of the most recent reviews are saying it does

I’ve got one down stairs, just don’t have time to check. If I manage will let you know.
Any particular titles you’d like me to check?
Oneday7720/03/2020 09:56

I’ve got one down stairs, just don’t have time to check. If I manage will l …I’ve got one down stairs, just don’t have time to check. If I manage will let you know. Any particular titles you’d like me to check?

Oh excellent thanks

Here is a list of a few to try
Bright
Bird box
Mowgli
The punisher
Dolby Atmos is just an extra layer of positional information on top of TrueHD sound file, so if you only have front speakers and not rear/side/top ones then I wouldn't be bothered.
EndlessWaves20/03/2020 11:50

Dolby Atmos is just an extra layer of positional information on top of …Dolby Atmos is just an extra layer of positional information on top of TrueHD sound file, so if you only have front speakers and not rear/side/top ones then I wouldn't be bothered.

I have Samsung n850 which has forward side top speakers. I also have some rear speakers purchased separately
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants