Cheapest device to use facetime?

Found 4th Aug 2015
I have got an Ipad and want to get something for my mum so she can facetime my kids as we live quite far from her so only get to see them once a month or so

I am just after the cheapest way for her use facetime as we have used it at her house so she knows how to use on the ipad already

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

I would love to know more about this also, hopefully someone shall enlighten us!
Edited by: "mousey" 4th Aug 2015

Well u can only go with a iPhone and iPad so not hard to find out
Or if she has any other tablet u could get Skype

Best to get an older I pad, like the mini. Decent screen size etc. Get one for less than £200

You could use skype and use a spare android / windows device?
Edited by: "niffer1" 4th Aug 2015

Taken from the Apple website:

Over Wi-Fi, you can use FaceTime on any of these devices:
iPhone 4 or later
iPad 2 or later
iPad mini (all models)
iPod touch 4th generation or later (only iPod touch 5th generation supports FaceTime audio calling)

so you could pick up a cheap iPhone 4, and providing it's connected to wifi, use Facetime?

melmorc

Taken from the Apple website:Over Wi-Fi, you can use FaceTime on any of … Taken from the Apple website:Over Wi-Fi, you can use FaceTime on any of these devices:iPhone 4 or lateriPad 2 or lateriPad mini (all models)iPod touch 4th generation or later (only iPod touch 5th generation supports FaceTime audio calling) so you could pick up a cheap iPhone 4, and providing it's connected to wifi, use Facetime?

This.

Ipod Touch would be a lot cheaper though if you don't need the phone functionality....

If she has a computer then just install skype? if not then having an ipad 2 or ipad mini might be something she could get a lot of use out of and will be great for facetime. Absolute cheapest option will be a second hand ipod but the extra is well worth it in my opinion.

I have just got a iPad just to keep in touch with my daughter in Australia as Skype is just useless as it keeps cutting out. Wasn't much better when I was in India trying to Skype home.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants