EXPIRED

Cheapest Freeview with HD

Hi,

I'm after a freeview box with an HD. Preferably twin tuner, but will consider all options.

Cheers

8 Comments

You can get one in Asda for £80 - £90...I also saw one in Tesco last week for £90...but apply caution as the web is littered with tales of problems with the cheaper PVR models..most agree that it's better to spend more on this equipment and go for a Humax 9200.

Original Poster

betelgeus

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4DDP&CategorySelectedId=11225&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11225

Thanks. This has also been recommended to me elsewhere. Think it must be worth a try at £60!

Original Poster

currychops

You can get one in Asda for £80 - £90...I also saw one in Tesco last week … You can get one in Asda for £80 - £90...I also saw one in Tesco last week for £90...but apply caution as the web is littered with tales of problems with the cheaper PVR models..most agree that it's better to spend more on this equipment and go for a Humax 9200.

While that maybe true, I will use the extra £100 or so that I am saving by getting the Dabs one to put towards my new projector!

You might want to take a look at these websites before buying the refurb from dabs;

pvruk.co.uk/rev…160

digitalspy.co.uk/for…171

There have been lots of 'horror' stories about them. You might be better off spending an extra 30 quid or so on a new one from argos.

Original Poster

Thanks for the heads up.

I've decided to holdout on this PVR for the time being as the missus has been talking about getting sky. She would bring this up on the day I'd ordered a HD based freeview box! Typical!

I'm thinking about getting a freeview box as well. Just one question though, what's a twin tuner? Is that the case of recording on one channel whilst watching another?

XtremeDJW

I'm thinking about getting a freeview box as well. Just one question … I'm thinking about getting a freeview box as well. Just one question though, what's a twin tuner? Is that the case of recording on one channel whilst watching another?

yep got it in one..some also allow 2 recordings simultaneously...there are also firmware modifications on various websites to modify those that don't.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    2. Which Camera?!!!22
    3. Kodi - £ Sports Recommendations1014
    4. Sky or Virgin?1418

See more discussions