Groups
    EXPIRED

Cheapest Gas and Electricity

Hi Guys,
    Ok moving into my first ever rented house!
    But i need to get gas and electric sorted asap! who have you found to be cheapest?? including quidco saving etc...as im a quidco member.

I havent a clue what i use each year as ive never lived in the house or any house alone lol.
    Ill be living with my girfriend in a 2 bed bungalow so shouldnt be too much heating and power required!

Had a quote from scottish power at £1001 per year + £110 Quidco making it about £75/mo.
    Is this good???
    Thanks

6 Comments

Try somewhere like uswitch, tells you which companies operate in your area, find the cheapest on there and then see if on Quidco.
    uswitch.com/uti…es/

Original Poster

Thanks but...
    How do i know what i pay per month?
    How do i know what i use per month??
    I havent owned or rented before so i dont know what my consumption will be??

How do i find the average for 2 people in a bungalow? lol

I live on my own in a fairly big 2 bedroom flat (although i have the kids over at the w/e).
    I don't have gas, only elecy and i spend about £15 a week on average.
    Having said that, i am careful with it.
    I'm out at work from 6am - 8pmish and only have the heating come on for a couple of hours.
    the water stays on as i have a bath every night when i get in.
    As it gets colder, i will probably have the heaters on more but i don't think i ever spend more than £20 a week.

Hope that helps.
    Oh, im with EDF

Original Poster

so £75 / mo sounds good?

my quote was on
    3880kWh Power
    20500kWh Gas

Which when i googled was the annual average (according the british gas) although i dont know if this is a low assumption or high? or if its based on 1 person in a flat or 5 people in a mansion lol.

check a comparison website and just see who has the lowest tariff for your area, it varies across regions.

adamck;6760078

so £75 / mo sounds good?my quote was on 3880kWh Power20500kWh GasWhich … so £75 / mo sounds good?my quote was on 3880kWh Power20500kWh GasWhich when i googled was the annual average (according the british gas) although i dont know if this is a low assumption or high? or if its based on 1 person in a flat or 5 people in a mansion lol.

Mate it's gonna depend on lots of different factors and especially how you both use it.
    If i were you, i'd budget on £100 a month and see how you get on.
    As i said, i am VERY careful, live on my own AND am out at work from early morning until the evening and i use ABOUT £15 a week although will rise when i have the heating on more.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553803
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1901355
      3. Feels weird!511
      4. Tower Hill Station - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)66

See more discussions