Cheapest insured courier/postage

Posted 5th Jun 2020
Need to send a box about 25x25x15cm weighing 14KG within UK. Value is £1500, what is the cheapest courier service or postage service I can use? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
sdoherty100005/06/2020 13:10

Why don’t you do your own research?

Very hypocritical of you after posting many discussions about stuff you could have researched yourself? For example you last minute holiday question - why don't you do your own research?
21 Comments
I'd be more concerned with what courier will accept insurance on the specific contents, where generally RM / PF and UPS have the most flexible policies.
AndyRoyd05/06/2020 13:00

I'd be more concerned with what courier will accept insurance on the …I'd be more concerned with what courier will accept insurance on the specific contents, where generally RM / PF and UPS have the most flexible policies.

Mobile phones.
I think Hermes are meant to be really good
ac1037205/06/2020 13:01

Mobile phones.

Check the courier's expectations on batteries being included / excluded / attached / separate / maximum batteries per parcel.
AndyRoyd05/06/2020 13:03

Check the courier's expectations on batteries being included / excluded / …Check the courier's expectations on batteries being included / excluded / attached / separate / maximum batteries per parcel.

Example: RM permits max 5kg batteries within any one parcel personal.help.royalmail.com/app…ers
sdoherty100005/06/2020 13:10

Very hypocritical of you after posting many discussions about stuff you could have researched yourself? For example you last minute holiday question - why don't you do your own research?
ac1037205/06/2020 13:13

Very hypocritical of you after posting many discussions about stuff you …Very hypocritical of you after posting many discussions about stuff you could have researched yourself? For example you last minute holiday question - why don't you do your own research?

If you do choose Hermes, I've got a 20% off code you can use
I wouldn’t use a budget courier for something of that value especially Hermes. dailymail.co.uk/fem…tml
Don’t always go with the cheapest !

You want to go with the most reliable
I've used UPS via Packlink a few times over the past few weeks for parcels valued at £500-£1000 and have had no problems. They do free collections too at the moment.
Upstoday
Where's the item going to from A to B? I don't know why you'd use the cheapest courier for a shipment of them contents and value.

If it's going by road they can be sent "Not Restricted as per SP188" ,if it's air it will be a maximum of 2 per box
Edited by: "Sc4mp0" 5th Jun
Have you tried parcel2go.com/
It searches different couriers
ac1037205/06/2020 13:01

Mobile phones.

That seems heavy for mobile phones in a package that size, are they old skool nokias
harlzter05/06/2020 19:40

That seems heavy for mobile phones in a package that size, are they old …That seems heavy for mobile phones in a package that size, are they old skool nokias

Nah, 100 Blackberry's. Bulk deal you see
Joel_Ripley05/06/2020 13:01

I think Hermes are meant to be really good

Well think about this numbskull, if I insure it and they lose it, I'll get my money so regardless of how good the courier service is, I'll get my dosh. Blithering morons of the new generation....
ac1037205/06/2020 23:07

Well think about this numbskull, if I insure it and they lose it, I'll … Well think about this numbskull, if I insure it and they lose it, I'll get my money so regardless of how good the courier service is, I'll get my dosh. Blithering morons of the new generation....

you hope you get your money, don't always allow relay on insurance as I am sure there be doing double checks if there gotta pay out more than a thousand, so think about how many loop holes Hermes might have to get out of insurances, you don't become a big company without learning a few tricks
Pricklerickle06/06/2020 16:28

you hope you get your money, don't always allow relay on insurance as I am …you hope you get your money, don't always allow relay on insurance as I am sure there be doing double checks if there gotta pay out more than a thousand, so think about how many loop holes Hermes might have to get out of insurances, you don't become a big company without learning a few tricks

Haha just a disclaimer it was a joke

Hermes are crooks. Wouldn't send anything with them.
ac1037206/06/2020 16:30

Haha just a disclaimer it was a joke Hermes are crooks. Wouldn't send …Haha just a disclaimer it was a joke Hermes are crooks. Wouldn't send anything with them.

lol I did and never again, got it in end but of course it got lost in warehouse
Post a comment
@
    Text