Cheapest IPhone for teen for Christmas

Posted 11th Sep 2020
Hi all we are looking to get our daughter a phone for Christmas, looking at an iPhone as household use the family set up for apps and calendar,

Do you think it’s possible to get a decent iPhone for £100/£125 ?
Possibly a 7 or newer?
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
You'll not get anywhere near a new iPhone with that budget so assuming it's a 2nd hand one you're after.

Where have you looked so far? I assume you've looked at eBay/Music Magpie and so forth?

What did you find there?
Edited by: "DemonOverlord" 11th Sep
I got a 6s from Music Magpie - my 15 year old was very happy with it, that's more in your budget
You’re gonna have to look second hand, I have the SE the cheapest iPhone and it ran up to £469

41892171-N9NWH.jpg
Yep, you should be able to get an iPhone 7. It's still a very good phone though the battery life was never that great on it though.
A lot of places do them on eBay with 12 month warranty.. new phones will be out in a month so good chance the 7 and even above might drop more..
Did you know Apple are worth more than all the other FTSE 100 companies combined
Edited by: "Jump_Out_Gang" 11th Sep
2g
For that money I would get android device, iphones start from around £400 , and its always better to get a new device over a used , or go for a used old 6s or something up to you
Edited by: "_Tris_" 11th Sep
Haircut_10011/09/2020 15:13

Yep, you should be able to get an iPhone 7. It's still a very good phone …Yep, you should be able to get an iPhone 7. It's still a very good phone though the battery life was never that great on it though.

Have you got a link for an iPhone 7 for £125? I have a young boy that would like one & for that money he can have it.
Sorry meant to say a used iPhone , thanks for the comments so far
There’s a seller on eBay I use a lot “cheapest_electrical” they sell, along with other items iPhones - they have brand new ones but they also sell graded items A (mint) B (open box or minor marks) etc I had a quick look and would suggest not going older than an iPhone 7 - they have ones on there grade ‘A’ for around £180+/- and if you time it right with one of ebays 20% off items, they usually take part and would reduce the cost down further for you. There are iPhone 6 and SE or there for under £100 but I would avoid as the latest iOS will not run on them.
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 11th Sep
Keep an eye on EBay and a potential discount code. Got my oldest a IPhone 7 back in April. Good phone for a teen, cost just under £150 with discount and don’t forget TopCashback
Jump_Out_Gang11/09/2020 15:40

Did you know Apple are worth more than all the other FTSE 100 companies …Did you know Apple are worth more than all the other FTSE 100 companies combined

Not any longer, it's not even a 2 Trillion $ company anymore.
Bluefusion11/09/2020 17:33

There’s a seller on eBay I use a lot “cheapest_electrical” they sell, along …There’s a seller on eBay I use a lot “cheapest_electrical” they sell, along with other items iPhones - they have brand new ones but they also sell graded items A (mint) B (open box or minor marks) etc I had a quick look and would suggest not going older than an iPhone 7 - they have ones on there grade ‘A’ for around £180+/- and if you time it right with one of ebays 20% off items, they usually take part and would reduce the cost down further for you. There are iPhone 6 and SE or there for under £100 but I would avoid as the latest iOS will not run on them.

The latest iOS fs 13.7 and is available for the first gen SE as I have it. Possible it won’t go higher though
steve.t11/09/2020 19:20

The latest iOS fs 13.7 and is available for the first gen SE as I have it. …The latest iOS fs 13.7 and is available for the first gen SE as I have it. Possible it won’t go higher though

Yeah, sorry was referring that the ios14 is about to drop and I don’t think the First gen SE will support it.
Great advice thanks all
Post a comment
@
    Text