Groups
    EXPIRED

cheapest iphone sim only deal

Hi, I need some advice! Just bought a new iphone 3GS on Fleabay mainly for texts and internet. Anyone know the cheapest deal I can get - any network?
    Thanks in advance.

6 Comments

on payg the 02 simplicity sim is good for iphone.

barky

on payg the 02 simplicity sim is good for iphone.

There are 2 different Text & Web tariffs with o2, make sure you get the right one as it's an absolute pain in the backside getting it sorted via customer services;

There is Simplicity Text & Web...

Simplicity Text & Web offers unlimited cross network texts and 500MB web
    for £10 a month.

Customers will be required to have at least £10 on their Pay & Go
    balance on their anniversary date in order to receive the tariff
    allowance each month.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Normal Text and Web...

- If you Top-Up by £10 to £14, you'll get 300 UK text messages and
    unlimited web (500MB) (fair usage applies).
    - If you Top-Up by £15 to £29, you'll get 500 UK text messages and
    - If you Top-Up £30 and above, you'll get unlimited UK text messages and

Edited by: "Painkiller" 9th Aug 2010

Original Poster

Is the O2 simplicity compatible with iphone? My son has it on pay monthly but I don't think it can be used with iphone, I thought you needed a bolt on for this?

You dont need an Iphone sim at all, you can use it on a standard tariff just make sure you have data in your plan.

Im on a old simplicity (non iphone) and get unlimited data 600 mins and 1200 text for only 19.99 per month.

All you need to do is change the settings on your phone, see link below
    iphone settings

dawn1e

Is the O2 simplicity compatible with iphone? My son has it on pay monthly … Is the O2 simplicity compatible with iphone? My son has it on pay monthly but I don't think it can be used with iphone, I thought you needed a bolt on for this?

it definitely can-son got an iphone(bough from here)-went to 02 shop on saturday and got a simplicity payg sim-topped it up with 15 quid and then you text 02 with the plan you want and they activate it immediately.

for £15 son gets 100 minutes plus unlimited texts plus unlimited internet(altho this drops to 500mb in october once the unlimited is phased out)

you can top up ten quid and get texts and internet only-no minutes,or alternatively the minutes and the texts with no internet.

you just need to change the iphone settings in cellular data network to payandgo.o2.co.uk

Original Poster

great, thanks everyone!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jury service1620
      2. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      3. What laptop to choose?11
      4. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33

See more discussions