Cheapest Motherboard+CPU+Fan Deal?

I need to replace a motherboard, cpu (and fan) for a shuttle style PC. I have everything there (RAM, HDD, DVD, etc.) so I just need a cheap as possible replacement. Checked ebay, aria, ebuyer, etc.but just wondering if anyone knows of anything cheap going.

Special Requirements:
- Needs to be micro ATX
- Needs to support DDR2
- Would prefer a socket AM2 (see below)

The original CPU was an AMD Sepmpron 3400+ socket AM2 but I bent some of the pins and theres no guarantee I can sort it out.

Would appreciate any information, tips, etc.

6 Comments

Is it definately u-ATX you need? Most Shuttles used a flex-ATX (narrower and longer)...

Either way, might be worth considering moving to a DDR-3 system, depends on your budget (you might be able to sell your current DDR2?)

Edited by: "jah128" 27th Mar 2011

eclipsecomputers.com/pro…=50

Seems to be a few at eBuyer also.

As Jah said above, if you can consider upgrading: AMD Hudson (integrated graphics and processor) M-ATX boards are now available, with USB 3.0 and Sata 6Gbps for about £100. Low power, quiet etc, just need to get some DDR3 memory which is pretty cheap at the moment.
Edited by: "PhearFactor" 27th Mar 2011

Original Poster

jah128

Is it definately u-ATX you need? Most Shuttles used a flex-ATX (narrower … Is it definately u-ATX you need? Most Shuttles used a flex-ATX (narrower and longer)...Either way, might be worth considering moving to a DDR-3 system, depends on your budget (you might be able to sell your current DDR2?)

Its not a shuttle brand. It just a shuttle-style PC. The connectors from the power supply are all the normal type (I checked the power supply connections with another PC).

Budget is very, very low.

Edited by: "shuwaz" 27th Mar 2011

Ebuyer This and This. Not the fastest out there but is faster than you have and cheap. There is a possibility of unlocking the cpu and/or overclocking it. Also you can use your DDR2 now and change to DDR3 in the future. Not bad for £55.36

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Ebuyer This and This. Not the fastest out there but is faster than you … Ebuyer This and This. Not the fastest out there but is faster than you have and cheap. There is a possibility of unlocking the cpu and/or overclocking it. Also you can use your DDR2 now and change to DDR3 in the future. Not bad for £55.36

Hmmm.. not bad.

Original Poster

Can anyone beat GAVINLEWISHUKD's price of £55.36?

Remember, its just the cheapest mobo + cpu deal (inc. delivery).
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763961
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213593
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386132
    4. Better watch out for these...912

See more discussions