cheapest nano sim phone?

Found 20th Jun
Hi guys,

trying to help my mother out. she's away for a week on holiday and just dropped her phone down the toilet (rookie error...phone in the back pocket!)

she doesn't like being without her phone for security reasons, now the sim she has out of her iPhone is a nano sim.

you and I both know the sim adaptors are easy to come by but If I talk her through that and then try and get her to get a cheap new phone just for the duration of her holiday I will confuse her!

ive been having a hunt on Argos to no avail. all the cheap dumb phones are standard sims. just so I can reserve it and send her in and its all simple, does anyone know of a cheap phone that accepts a nano sim as standard? (or the cheapest!)

she's in England, so not abroad. open to any normal shop (Argos, Tesco etc)

or any ideas that could simplify getting a new phone and adaptor in one place (cant seem to find one online) - dont want to send her hunting for something she doesn't even know what it is!
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
deleted1132166
Go to a local mobile phone shop. One of those small independent shops. Buy a second hand phone and they will put a sim adapter in for her
deleted79467
try ebay may find a nano sim phone on there
CPW handsets are all unlocked and offer dumb phones from £10 inc obligatory £10 topup ("free" phone) and in my experience CPW will be happy to throw-in a freebie SIM-carrier adaptor (after they have tried to sell you the current flagship). Random example that will be fine for all networks except 3 or 3 MVNOs: carphonewarehouse.com/alc…tml
AndyRoyd6 m ago

CPW handsets are all unlocked and have dumb phones from £10 inc obligatory …CPW handsets are all unlocked and have dumb phones from £10 inc obligatory £10 topup ("free" phone) and in my experience CPW will be happy to throw-in a freebie SIM-carrier adaptor (after they have tried to sell you the current flagship). Random example: https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/alcatel/10-66.html#!colour=black&dealType=pg

Actually just found out theres a CPW nearby her, think I'll send her in there...maybe call ahead! she'll be a confused wee thing if they start trying to flog her stuff! thank you hadn't thought of them, my local closed ages ago and I forgot they existed haha.
deleted7946720th Jun

try ebay may find a nano sim phone on there

unfortuantely she needs it today or id do just that. thank you though!
Nat_urally2 m ago

Actually just found out theres a CPW nearby her, think I'll send her in …Actually just found out theres a CPW nearby her, think I'll send her in there...maybe call ahead! she'll be a confused wee thing if they start trying to flog her stuff! thank you hadn't thought of them, my local closed ages ago and I forgot they existed haha.

Yes, calling ahead would be prudent. Note the 3 or 3 MVNO limitation.
AndyRoyd8 m ago

Yes, calling ahead would be prudent. Note the 3 or 3 MVNO limitation.

thankfully she recently switched to EE so shouldn't be an issue! thanks for your help!
deleted1132166
Tell her to pop into an EE and they can make a replacement sim any size ,there and than. They do not charge.
So just buy the cheapest phone and take it to EE shop.
They will help her to insert the sim etc
deleted113216620th Jun

Tell her to pop into an EE and they can make a replacement sim any size …Tell her to pop into an EE and they can make a replacement sim any size ,there and than. They do not charge.So just buy the cheapest phone and take it to EE shop.They will help her to insert the sim etc

thank you. that was the first think I checked for, there is no EE shop near her unfortunately! but she's just got to CPW so all should be good soon!
Probably too late now, but if she has the SIM, should be able to get it as an upgrade - with PAYG upgrade, you don't have to get the topup
Did your mum get this sorted @Nat_urally ?
Edited by: "jamie015" 20th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants