Cheapest O2 SIMO deal with Disney+

Posted 22nd Aug 2020
Hi
I am after a new contract. I was hoping O2 had a contract for around £6/month for a small allowance of data/mins, because that's the cost of Disney+ (which I'm going to buy separately anyway), but the cheapest they have is

• 2GB data
  • Unlimited minutes
  • Unlimited texts
  • £12.00*a month

This is not worth it as then I'm paying £6/month for the 2gb data, compared to the £3/month effective Three 8GB deal from Fonehouse. The cashback from quidco or TCB on this kind of small value O2 SIMO is tiny, too, so won't affect anything.

Has anyone found a cheaper way (maybe through somebody like Fonehouse) to get a SIMO deal from O2 for a little more than the value of the Disney+? I was looking into getting a tablet bundled with a SIMO (you can get as little as 500MB for £6/month) but noticed it comes with no minutes, so is no good (assuming that's because it's intended for tablets).

Thanks folks
Community Updates
Ask
2 Comments
Ring them and try and ask for a better deal. I managed to get 10GB data for £8 but only by speaking to someone. It’s worth a try. May be different scenario if you’re a new customer. You may get an even better deal.
Edited by: "speedemon" 22nd Aug
Disney+ is only free for 6 months, then it is £4pm via O2. Disney+ annual plan is £60 + £10 TCB so £50 (£4.16pm). If you can save more than £25 (or £35 excluding cashback) by taking out different contract then go for that
Edited by: "jamie15" 22nd Aug
Post a comment
@
    Text