Cheapest PAYG SIM to activate

Posted 20th Feb
What's the cheapest SIM to activate (receive calls/texts only, temporary use)? Do all require a min £10 top-up to get started?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
I know you can use an EE sim without an initial top up.
i got a 3 sim with £10 of credit for around £6 off ebay.
Freebie PAYG data reward SIM from 3 with bonus of free ongoing 200MB each month
three.co.uk/Fre…der
or freebie PAYG SIM from Wazdamobile ordered directly from the AM site.
AndyRoyd20/02/2020 13:30

Freebie PAYG data reward SIM from 3 with bonus of free ongoing 200MB each …Freebie PAYG data reward SIM from 3 with bonus of free ongoing 200MB each month https://www.three.co.uk/Free_SIM_MBB/Orderor freebie PAYG SIM from Wazdamobile ordered directly from the AM site.

Wife's got this as her second sim #bargain
For an INCOMING CALLS & TEXTS (no data) sim, I'd suggest you consider ASDA.
Reasons-
- sim itself is free (from ASDAmobile website) or 50p instore
- can topup merely £2 using credit/debit card
- and the biggie ... credit doesn't expire - as long as you do something chargeable every 6 months (sending a single text, costing 4p, every 5 months -set a reminder- is enough to keep the sim and number alive)
- ASDAmobile use the EE network, so coverage isn't a problem
- and you can use a cheapo 2G 'featurephone' (unlike the 3 network deals) with a battery that will run for weeks between charges

Well worth considering IMHO.

ADDED - obviously, with a credit/debit card top-up, this is better for long-term legitimate use (like giving your hobby club, or whatever, its own permanent, rather than personal, publicly published contact phone number), and it may not be best suited to highly "temporary" untraceable 'burner' phone usage, perish the thought, as cash-bought topup scratchcards are still £10...
Edited by: "wdh" 20th Feb
It's a bit of a left field suggestion, but if you take out a Smarty Mobile Sim only, I can let you know how you can effectively get 2 months for free. That would give you unlimited mins/texts + whatever data you choose with the deal (the basic is 1gb).

I've recommended it to a load of friends and they've all been happy (you don't even need to cancel, just uncheck auto renew and it will end at the end or that billing cycle).

PM me if you're interested and I'll let you know what you need to do
Asda one is free if you apply for it online
AL1S0N20/02/2020 22:10

Asda one is free if you apply for it online

As I said.
But to correct myself on another point, ASDA's minimum topup (using registered card) is just £1 now.
wdh20/02/2020 15:28

For an INCOMING CALLS & TEXTS (no data) sim, I'd suggest you consider …For an INCOMING CALLS & TEXTS (no data) sim, I'd suggest you consider ASDA. Reasons- - sim itself is free (from ASDAmobile website) or 50p instore- can topup merely £2 using credit/debit card- and the biggie ... credit doesn't expire - as long as you do something chargeable every 6 months (sending a single text, costing 4p, every 5 months -set a reminder- is enough to keep the sim and number alive)- ASDAmobile use the EE network, so coverage isn't a problem - and you can use a cheapo 2G 'featurephone' (unlike the 3 network deals) with a battery that will run for weeks between chargesWell worth considering IMHO.ADDED - obviously, with a credit/debit card top-up, this is better for long-term legitimate use (like giving your hobby club, or whatever, its own permanent, rather than personal, publicly published contact phone number), and it may not be best suited to highly "temporary" untraceable 'burner' phone usage, perish the thought, as cash-bought topup scratchcards are still £10...

Thank you. I have ordered an ASDA SIM and I'm aiting on it arriving
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants