Groups
    EXPIRED

Cheapest PC with HDMI?

Hi,

My parents PC (1GHz AMD, 1GB RAM) runs most stuff surprisingly quick (faster than some Dual Core setups I've seen, oddly) but there are some things it absolutely fails on, even basic stuff like full screen flash is an absolute no go (yet 720p HD files will play fine?! hmm) so anyway... new PC time methinks!

They just need something super basic if I'm honest - browsing the internet, spreadsheets and the usual stuff, but the only specific requirement really is that it has a HDMI cable so we can hook it up to the TV to stream iPlayer, football etc.

Any recommendations? Doesn't need an OS really as I have a copy of Windows 7 in the post for them, but could always sell it if there's a good deal going for a new system.

Something fairly small, not ugly and enegergy efficient would be a bonus, but the main requirements are HDMI and cheap

Thanks!

6 Comments

have a look at these:
    kikatek.com/pro…gle

it has dvi out, for £2-4 you can get a dvi to hdmi convertor this might not be the best price but i may give you an idea

Original Poster

That looks great thank you - to be honest if it did have a proper HDMI out I'd get it, but with the converters I imagine you'll still need the two cables (one for audio too) which I'd like to avoid if possible!

blizeH;6493594

That looks great thank you - to be honest if it did have a proper HDMI … That looks great thank you - to be honest if it did have a proper HDMI out I'd get it, but with the converters I imagine you'll still need the two cables (one for audio too) which I'd like to avoid if possible!

very true about the dual connectors - i am now wondering how that works these days. do new hdmi out vid cards also acts as a soundcard - makes me wonder

Original Poster

Yup - 90% of new HDMI ones will have an inbuilt audio chip

why dont you build a pc yourself and get a gfx card like the 9400gt which has hdmi? then you could pick your own componants

Original Poster

I quite like that idea actually, thanks Avenger! Any other components you'd recommend?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      3. love affairs912
      4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions