Groups

Cheapest 'per-page cost' Mono Laser Printer?

Looking to buy a printer, not massively worried about the initial cost, but I am worried about how cheap the printer is to run, i.e. the cost per-page relative to how much ink cartridges cost.

At the moment I have a Samsung SCX-4500, looks good but looking at prices (unless I'm missing something) doesn't seem too cheap to run?

I was thinking of the Dell 1320CN, black toner seems to run in at about £8 per cartridge from IJTDirect. We have one at work and it does a fair amount before needing the cartridge changed.

This would mainly be for printing Uni Readings (I do a history degree). Current cost of printing at Uni is 5p per side, so something that works out cheaper than that in the long-run would be preferable.

Thanks in advance!

3 Comments

Banned

I have a brother hl-2030 (now hl-2040 I think) and paid £50 and still on the same cartridge after 2 years and print daily (works out about 1p per page)

Best decision I ever made, ditching the ink jet for a laser. Seemed like every week I was changing ink cartridges on the Epson inkjet (and other varieties).

Bought a Samsung Laser for about £45. Yes the cartridges cost about the same as the printer (I have black and white only). Very reliable.

One here for £38 delivered.
    dropship.weareelectricals.com/pro…tml

They usually come with a starter cartridge inside but that lasted me over 6 months.

Suggest you keep an eye on fleabay for a good quality office laser printer that you can get 3rd party toners for. Brands like HP will provide good value for money.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Kodi Add-ons?1516
      2. How to rejoin BT as New Customer when already with them?67
      3. Marvel characters34
      4. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.33

See more discussions