Groups

cheapest place for a DJI phantom 3 standard drone?

Looking to buy the phantom 3 standard but looking for less £400. Argos had them a few weeks ago from £449 to £399 but sold out and gone back up to £449 and maplin is also £449. It's for Christmas so I can wait until nearer the time and hope for a better deal but if anyone knows where I can get a good deal that would be great. Only getting the the standard as I've done all my research and it's all I need. Thanks

14 Comments

Banned

Get the advanced, not the standard.

I've fancied one of these for ages now and have noticed the price and to be honest it's not changed much in over a year.
    there was a cashback thing a few days ago I saw on here

Original Poster

WonkyDoctor

Get the advanced, not the standard.

What's the difference between them besides £200 extra ? I know the advanced goes further out but I think 500m is far enough for me as I've never even used a drone. Would like to know what I'm getting for the extra £200 as I've heard people saying to get the advanced instead but I've not heard why.

Original Poster

stefromuk

I've fancied one of these for ages now and have noticed the price and to … I've fancied one of these for ages now and have noticed the price and to be honest it's not changed much in over a year.there was a cashback thing a few days ago I saw on here

You should definitely get one. If the price drops again in Argos to £399 I'll go back to currys and ask for a price price match. I was in Currys on the weekend and was cheeky enough to ask the worker if he would let me use his discount haha, he was happy to (10%) so I'm hooping Argos drops their price again and I could end up with it for £360

eglobalcentral.co.uk/dji…JOw

don't know anything about the site but has a couple of hundred good ratings via google

Original Poster

m4ckys

http://www.eglobalcentral.co.uk/dji-phantom-3-standard-rtf-kit-djip3std-en.html?gclid=CO6MoJeX4tACFeaV7QodGhkJOwdon't know anything about the site but has a couple of hundred good ratings via google

Thanks, got 3 out of 5 ratings on trust pilot which isn't to bad. Cheapest I've seen so far though. Might be worth paying the extra £28 though and getting it from Currys for peace of mind.

jayonline85

Thanks, got 3 out of 5 ratings on trust pilot which isn't to bad. … Thanks, got 3 out of 5 ratings on trust pilot which isn't to bad. Cheapest I've seen so far though. Might be worth paying the extra £28 though and getting it from Currys for peace of mind.

​Grey import so likely from honk Kong or similar type countries, lack of warranty in the UK and difficult to return back to country of origin. Wouldn't buy anything this pricey from a site like this

Agreed about spending big money on dodgy "UK" website.

Not for everyone I suppose but the cheapest deal I found as I am looking for one myself.

Think I will wait for the January sales to pick one up.

Definitely looks like the best choice for a beginner too looking at the YouTube videos I have seen

Banned

There is one for sale on AVForums if you're after one slightly cheaper, has loads of extra's as well like an additional battery.

The poster has already said that they don't want the standard. It would be useful thought for you to explain why buying the advanced is the better choice balanced against the increase in price.

If you're still looking, try CeX. Good price with Grade B models and comes with a 2 year warranty.

Original Poster

treeofthefiddy

If you're still looking, try CeX. Good price with Grade B models and … If you're still looking, try CeX. Good price with Grade B models and comes with a 2 year warranty.

Just looked at that. Not sure what they mean by grade b on a drone but I'll phone up tomorrow. Thanks for that

jayonline85

Just looked at that. Not sure what they mean by grade b on a drone but … Just looked at that. Not sure what they mean by grade b on a drone but I'll phone up tomorrow. Thanks for that

Actually, wouldn't advise on it. I drove to Redditch today as I was interested in getting it but it's missing alot of the stuff that comes with it. Waste of time.

Banned

bailey97_2000

The poster has already said that they don't want the standard. It would … The poster has already said that they don't want the standard. It would be useful thought for you to explain why buying the advanced is the better choice balanced against the increase in price.

Google, do I have to spoonfeed you?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung s8 trade in58
      2. Wall mounting the OLED55B7V11
      3. How are Very for pre-orders ?44
      4. Keter 6x4 shed.22

See more discussions