Groups

Cheapest place for contact lens assesment

I haven't had a contact lens check for over 3 years now (mainly wear glasses) and need a check up/test, had a normal eye test last week.
    Anyone know the cheapest place at the mo for this? as Dolland and Aitchenson wanted £40 for this quick check up.
    Tia

11 Comments

im sure when i had my checkup at specsavers my contact lens check was included in eye test which was about £16, I wear contacts and know for a fact i didnt pay any extra for a contact lens assessment and i got new lenses with them. that was a few years ago thow

Original Poster

I think the check can be free or cheaper if you buy their lenses, but the lenses are a lot dearer than online prices

ohdaesu;8000568

I think the check can be free or cheaper if you buy their lenses, but the … I think the check can be free or cheaper if you buy their lenses, but the lenses are a lot dearer than online prices

I pay £12 a month for contacts at specsavers. That includes check ups and tests. The optician told me if I paid for 3 months I could automatically stop it after 3 months. So I got 3 months contact lenses, contact lens test and fluids for £36. And 50% of glasses! :thinking:

I had mine done at Tesco a few weeks ago for a tenner, they are also doing free eye tests at the moment and their lenses are reasonably priced.

Banned

£15 at Tesco last week.

DLM;8002223

£15 at Tesco last week.

They must have just put it up as it was £15 for an eye test and £10 for the lens test

Banned

camew;8002488

They must have just put it up as it was £15 for an eye test and £10 for t … They must have just put it up as it was £15 for an eye test and £10 for the lens test

Eye test was free due to offer and then they wanted the £15 for my lens assessment.

I have plenty of lens at the moment so I am holding back for a while.

Original Poster

Went to Tesco, it was 15 squid, thanks for info all, rep left

Free at specsavers

Banned

Refresh_Page;8020613

Free at specsavers

The lenses probably cost more though.

Original Poster

Refresh_Page;8020613

Free at specsavers

sure it wasn't free when I walked past to get to Tesco, unless you sign up to have their lenses
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      2. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748

See more discussions