Expired

Cheapest place for turf?

12 replies
Found 12th Jun 2009
I am looking for 150 sq metres of turf for new garden. Can anyone tell me cheapest place on net? I am in Perth, Scotland

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

TURF IN PERTH? SMURF! LURF...

Sorry - it made me LOL - that's the mood I'm in this afternoon...

Banned

I was wondering, could I lay this stuff in my living room to give it an outdoor feeling as it's the summer?

davedave3;5474678

I was wondering, could I lay this stuff in my living room to give it an … I was wondering, could I lay this stuff in my living room to give it an outdoor feeling as it's the summer?

Why the hell not? Let me know how it goes!

Original Poster

useful comments so far. Anyone with a good idea now?

Banned

Just waiting for someone to post where I can get this stuff the cheapest then, I might have to shave down the bottom of the doors in the house to lay it, but that is not difficult. And it's not a fire hazard like carpet, it should look great. I will probably put the carpet that is already in my living room in the back garden instead, ready for the winter.

davedave3;5474710

Just waiting for someone to post where I can get this stuff the cheapest … Just waiting for someone to post where I can get this stuff the cheapest then, I might have to shave down the bottom of the doors in the house to lay it, but that is not difficult. And it's not a fire hazard like carpet, it should look great. I will probably put the carpet that is already in my living room in the back garden instead, ready for the winter.

You sound like a man with a plan! I don't think you're going far enough though...

At our B & Q it's £2 something a roll, not sure how much is on a roll, but recently we went to a different B & Q and they had some there £1 a roll so it might be worth looking around at different B&Q's, if you can.

Round here the cheapest place for turf is always the local bowling greens which are constantly having turf stolen.
But for a legitimate supply try turfonline.co.uk/ or greenvaleturf.com/ ,who I used but I don't know if they do national deliveries. About £200 for topsoil, turf and delivery

B&Q offer it @ from around £2.99 a Square Metre, however you can better quality stuff at garden centres for the same price..

Im no where near you, so cant help much.

Rick

turffit.co.uk are one company - price worked out just over £400 after delivery using a PH1 2xx postcode for 150 sq m.....

I bought mine from stewartsturf.com about 3-4 years ago and was well pleased with mine. Got my topsoil from them too - they are down your way....price is £370.88 for 150sq m and when I bought the grass was really good quality, and you are supporting a local company!

Nikki

[QUOTE

I bought mine from stewartsturf.com about 3-4 years ago and was well pleased with mine. Got my topsoil from them too - they are down your way....price is £370.88 for 150sq m and when I bought the grass was really good quality, and you are supporting a local company!

Nikki[/QUOTE]

thats a decent price and turf is better quality than from garden centers

we got loads from B&Q worked out just over 2 quid a roll, just make sure you check each roll before buying as some had dead grass
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Why Can't I Get BT Showcase on Freeview?35
    2. Typical cost of boiler installation23
    3. Microsoft Surface Pro - reviews/comments/alternatives!11
    4. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G915

See more discussions