Groups
    EXPIRED

Cheapest place to buy 16 led bulbs?

Just moved home and the house is needing new bulbs, I was planning on buying a few bulbs but they seem expensive, is there anywhere that offers discount or cashback?

I need 8x B22 and 8x GU10

8 Comments

Can't vouch for the reliability... Yet... But I bought four GU10s in Home Bargains last week for £2.99 each. They are 5w/370 lumens. I've put them in place of the four 35w halogens in one of our light fittings.

They had cool white and warm white, I've got the warm white.

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of light they give, I was expecting to have to get used to the area being a bit dimmer but they are just as bright - perhaps brighter, but it could just be my perception - as the old ones.

Original Poster

Hmm I will give home bargains a try for the GU10 bulbs then, £2.99 sounds cheaper than £6 online

IKEA is generally cheap for these.

Banned

eBay are the best place for them

Read this should help... cnet.com/uk/…bs/

You have to be careful because if your replacing your say downlights that use a transformer ? then the LED light wont work unless you change the transformer too. Otherwise the leap to LED light is a smart move

This thread will go on and on i bet !

If you don't mind waiting ages for delivery (a good couple of weeks) then these gu10's from dealextreme are pretty good for £2.50 each dx.com/p/g…591

I've had some for about six months, no problems so far, they give a great light very similar to a 50w halogen.

Original Poster

Some threads I've read mention sites that offer discounts like buy 4 and get 1 free etc, I can't seem to find anywhere like that hmm

I know I'm gonna benefit off them eventually but £50+ for 8 light bulbs seems like a joke lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions