Groups

cheapest place to buy a wii u console right now?

Hi does anyone know where the cheapest place to buy a brand new 32g model Wii u right now is? i know they are no longer making the console but was hoping to pick one up for a good price now the switch is out. Still seems to be pretty expensive, £280 at game etc. Thanks

13 Comments

They've stopped making new ones so they're going to probably all be that expensive. Buying used is your best best to get it at a reasonable price

You won't get a cheap one online I'm afraid. They are maintaining their value for an obvious reason. Your best bet is to try the second-hand market. I got my premium from Shpock with extra controllers and games for a good price. I even noticed one on there sold for £30 yesterday!!

£199 mario kart bundle Smyths Toys
    *instore only. Check stock online
    Edited by: "jco83" 17th Mar

jco83

£199 mario kart bundle Smyths Toys

Not available online, and stock showing only in a very few stores.

Original Poster

thanks. yeah none in stock in the Smyth's near me. thanks though. Will have to keep looking.

Original Poster

Where would be a good place to get a decent quality second hand one for a reasonable price please? thanks.

stardust2741

Where would be a good place to get a decent quality second hand one for a … Where would be a good place to get a decent quality second hand one for a reasonable price please? thanks.

​try Facebook marketplace, you might get a bargain

Original Poster

thanks have looked on there, not much posted in my area but will keep an eye out.

gumtree is very good for a Wii u

Original Poster

thanks. will have a look. doesn't seem to be that much around my area. How much do they tend to go for second hand, was looking on eBay and they're pretty much selling for same price as new ones.
    Edited by: "stardust2741" 18th Mar

i got a Wii u 32gb with 6 games and a pro controller for £125 a few weeks back. very good condition just didn't have the original box. That was off gumtree

the fact that the switch is only 20-30 quid more than the wii u, and places like argos and GAME still have stock of wii u's but are asking for 250, 235 etc like greedy b******* makes me think it can't be very long now before the big retailers drop the wii u's down to sell them off, how many people are really going to be willing to pay a tiny bit less than the price of a brand new switch for the wii u? I know I'm not.

Agreed. I am looking for one, ideally brand new. But willing to pay up to £150 which is still a fair price given how old it is. Of course the benefit for me is cheaper games.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions