Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Cheapest place to buy Amazon gift

Posted 14th Sep 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm just looking for some advice on the best place to buy amazon gift vouchers for less than face value?

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
My employee discount portal offers a whopping 2% discount, that too as a special offer only.
Doubt if you can.

In general shop vouchers are sold at a discount because people cant use them to buy what they want - shops with limited range - or because people can get a higher value of vouchers thean cash when selling something - like CEX.

Amazon you can buy almost anything and there aren't any arbitrage opportunities.
In that case does anyone have any advice on bringing the cost down on something expensive from amazon... around the £700 mark? I had thought perhaps I could save £50 using vouchers or something
41910309-wHZvP.jpg
That’s probably the way to go if you’re a prime member?
You can buy face value vouchers in Morrison's and combine with More card points for £5 Morrisons vouchers toward shopping/more Amazon vouchers. Unsure how much your purchase would be worth in their vouchers though.
sparx198114/09/2020 07:29

In that case does anyone have any advice on bringing the cost down on …In that case does anyone have any advice on bringing the cost down on something expensive from amazon... around the £700 mark? I had thought perhaps I could save £50 using vouchers or something

Claim it arrived with missing parts, get replacement, sell duplicate.

Oh, did you mean legal? I'm not sure sorry.
Nat_urally14/09/2020 08:07

[Image] That’s probably the way to go if you’re a prime member?

Was that not 2% extra last week.
Deedie14/09/2020 09:10

Was that not 2% extra last week.

Yeah I’m sure it was higher! But that’s what it said on my account, just 1%.
Nat_urally14/09/2020 09:25

Yeah I’m sure it was higher! But that’s what it said on my account, just 1% …Yeah I’m sure it was higher! But that’s what it said on my account, just 1%.

Was hoping that would be a benefit of Prime going forward. I wouldn't be surprised if it disappears entirely at some point soon.
Do u have a Visa debut card? Top up £50 get £5
I gave up. I tried topping up £780 but it refused... then I tried 3 small top ups to the same value and they went into a manual check with Amazon. In the end I placed my order directly and just paid.
If you have offers on Amex, like the Tesco one (link), use this to puchase the Amazon giftcard instore.

If you're looking to buy stuff sold and dispatched by Amazon do the usual offers for the £5 vouchers when they come up:

* hotukdeals.com/dis…492

Hub delivery one now expired, often one for the music app etc.
Misslovely14/09/2020 11:02

Do u have a Visa debut card? Top up £50 get £5

Where's this offer?
xbox-360-elite17/09/2020 22:39

I assume it's …I assume it's thishttps://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps5-voucher-for-ps50-amazon-top-up-with-visa-additional-1-3536328

I already have a visa card added
Sometimes you would get offers on American express card where American express would give a certain percentage cashback on payments at different retailers.

Last year they had a 10% cashback on Morrisons spend. It is possible to purchase Amazon gift cards at Morrisons so in effect you're getting 10% off Amazon credit. You would also get some Morrisons More loyalty points too.

However after the lockdown I haven't checked for any further Morrisons deals. Usually I just stock up on several hundred pounds Amazon credit whenever they have such deals.
Robloxian17/09/2020 22:13

Where's this offer?

Pops up on main amazon page
If not click the link above
Edited by: "Misslovely" 18th Sep
Misslovely18/09/2020 07:12

Pops up on main amazon pageIf not click the link above

Thanks but think the offer has expired
luvclub18/09/2020 05:21

Sometimes you would get offers on American express card where American …Sometimes you would get offers on American express card where American express would give a certain percentage cashback on payments at different retailers.Last year they had a 10% cashback on Morrisons spend. It is possible to purchase Amazon gift cards at Morrisons so in effect you're getting 10% off Amazon credit. You would also get some Morrisons More loyalty points too.However after the lockdown I haven't checked for any further Morrisons deals. Usually I just stock up on several hundred pounds Amazon credit whenever they have such deals.

I mentioned the current Tesco one above in this thread.
Post a comment
@
    Text