EXPIRED

Cheapest Place to buy Euros?

I've got limited time to get them but want to buy 100 and want to know the cheapest place to get them? I generally use Travelex but we're not flying from an airport (we're going by Eurostar) and I don't want to pay £3.99 postage.

Can anyone tell me please?

6 Comments

chequecentre? 1.068
Marks and sparks?

Depends what you have nearby

more on here

comparetravelmoney.co.uk/

M&S or Post Office are usually the most competitive.

Check with your bank if it is not cheaper to simply take out cash at a cashmaschine on the continent. I have stopped exchanging money at home, as most banks rip you off twice, first with a bad exchange rate and secondly with high charges. By going to a cashmaschine yo usually have one fixed fee (£5 or so) but then the you get at least a good exchange rate.

I opened a Nationwide Flexaccount for this sole purpose. Used only when I'm abroad. No charge to withdraw euros from any cash machine! Just transfer money in before I leave the UK and I'm good to go.

Original Poster

mr_deals;8007639

I opened a Nationwide Flexaccount for this sole purpose. Used only when … I opened a Nationwide Flexaccount for this sole purpose. Used only when I'm abroad. No charge to withdraw euros from any cash machine! Just transfer money in before I leave the UK and I'm good to go.

I might do that in the future. We're only going to Disneyland for two nights and generally always just draw out at a cash machine and it's always worked before but thought I'd be a bit more prepared this time!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. American Road Trip11
    2. Iptv810
    3. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy33
    4. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY33

See more discussions