Expired

cheapest place to buy imac 27inch

Found 13th Aug 2012
please can someone direct me to where i can buy a new 27 inch imac cheap as possible. i know of student discount however im not a student. thank you in advance
Community Updates
AskMonitoriMac
14 Comments
As the legend above said, just go through the educational store, works for us taxpaying contributors to society too
Legend101

Apple Higher Education StoreKeep it quiet.....Worked for me.

Oh yer, and another perk is the added Apple Care warranty, and £70 app store voucher!
depends who u work for u can get 10% off sms voucher at comet.
Go with the Student Discount link, 12% off iMac's, extra 2 years Apple care worth £150ish? and £70 itunes voucher if you buy before 17th September.

Or wait until next month until the commonly rumored new models are announced, like I am.

How desperate do you need one?
Edited by: "Alistair1234" 13th Aug 2012
oh thank you to all. i didnt know they were rumours for a new model to be out.might wait till next month however mt 10 year old is bugging me for it now. but thinkin if i do wait i may lose out on 70 pounds itunes voucher . what do u think alistair is it worth waiting for ?
pabz

oh thank you to all. i didnt know they were rumours for a new model to be … oh thank you to all. i didnt know they were rumours for a new model to be out.might wait till next month however mt 10 year old is bugging me for it now. but thinkin if i do wait i may lose out on 70 pounds itunes voucher . what do u think alistair is it worth waiting for ?

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iMac

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/07/03/more-claims-of-october-launch-for-updated-imac-models/

This site is really useful. There is an iMac specific fourm where you can read about other people in the same situation > http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91

Hopefully only have to wait until early September, if nothing heard then you might want to buy as next rumoured time for release will be 2013 as Apple have weird release schedules. It does seem that Sept/Oct is highly likely though.
If Sept/Oct is the date, they have a lot coming out, if the iPhone 5 rumours are correct most of the devices will be updated with the new dock connector, so it may be a small release for the iMac, possibly just slightly faster ram and up to date processors.
Go with student discount link I got a MacBook Pro 2.6GHZ from Apple for about £200 less and £70 GC with it
Edited by: "Myriad" 13th Aug 2012
Gonna get it now , can't wait any longer as I'm not sure if another update model is coming out ., my son has been through so much as he was so unwell so gonna get him the 27" imac as he really wants one and surprise him with it. Thank u all especially legend101 for the link .xx
pabz

Gonna get it now , can't wait any longer as I'm not sure if another … Gonna get it now , can't wait any longer as I'm not sure if another update model is coming out ., my son has been through so much as he was so unwell so gonna get him the 27" imac as he really wants one and surprise him with it. Thank u all especially legend101 for the link .xx

Don't do it, you paying full price for technology that is a year and a half old, yes you can HE discount but you can get that on the next one.

Just hang on until next month at least.

forums.macrumors.com/sho…826 etc
Edited by: "Alistair1234" 15th Aug 2012
Ok thanks alister I will wait til next month ur right.
whats the catch with buying through the apple higher education store?
charliehaslam

whats the catch with buying through the apple higher education store?

Blast from the past!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions