Groups

Cheapest place to buy stones/bricks for retaining garden wall

Looking for some ideas of places to buy stones/bricks/blocks to build a retaining wall.

Have already had a look at B&Q and Wickes - wanting to compare prices. Ideally somewhere online.

We need to build a small retaining wall for the bottom of our garden, which is on a slope (so we can level off with soil). It will only need to be 1-2ft high max and about 20ft long.

9 Comments

Daft as it sounds look on ebay locally, people sometimes have some left over from jobs/projects, you can get them cheap that way!

ring the company's / people who rent out the skips sure they would have some.

have u tried freecycle? i get mail offering bricks at least once a week round here

Original Poster

Have had a look on eBay and only found 1 remotely suitable @ £30 per square yard. Is that a good price?

Sometimes see bricks on freecycle - may post a wanted.

tatemze

have u tried freecycle? i get mail offering bricks at least once a week … have u tried freecycle? i get mail offering bricks at least once a week round here

On ours they dont come up that often, what are are you?

TUSSFC

Have had a look on eBay and only found 1 remotely suitable @ £30 per … Have had a look on eBay and only found 1 remotely suitable @ £30 per square yard. Is that a good price?Sometimes see bricks on freecycle - may post a wanted.

per square yard? sounds more like block paving?

again try freecycle you may get lucky!

harlzter

On ours they dont come up that often, what are are you?

blackpool

Banned

I just bought a load from Selco - Engineering bricks at 16p each.

yep selco but u need to convince them ur trade

Have you tried your local builders merchants ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tower Hill - Explosion reported..11
      2. One thing you've forgotten1721
      3. Bearded chat1223
      4. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407243

See more discussions