Expired

Cheapest Place to Convert GBP to USD or is there any forsale ?

Banned 12 replies
Found 2nd Aug 2008
Hi
As the title says really ^^^^
Looking to buy around £1000 worth

Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

Travelex always work for me and they beat M&S

travelex.co.uk/uk/

try this link to moneysaving expert website.

travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

have used this many a time and always got a rate I couldn`t beat.

humanuk;2658990

try this link to moneysaving expert … try this link to moneysaving expert website.http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/have used this many a time and always got a rate I couldn`t beat.

Thanks humanuk. Great post. :thumbsup: Rep added

I use [url]www.no1currenvy.com[/url] in my local city centre as they seem to offer a slightly better rate than marks & spencer

I got $1000 today and worked out at £521.64 and the exchange rate was 1.917

dude im in america RIGHT THIS SECOND.....and i have found its cheaper jst to pull money straight out the hole in the wall....im getting almost 2.00 to the Pound....all im getting charged is 3 pounds to use another bank!

Original Poster Banned

scotland88;2660949

dude im in america RIGHT THIS SECOND.....and i have found its cheaper jst … dude im in america RIGHT THIS SECOND.....and i have found its cheaper jst to pull money straight out the hole in the wall....im getting almost 2.00 to the Pound....all im getting charged is 3 pounds to use another bank!

Ok couple of questions -
-: Do i have to apply for this or can I just take my cards straight there and do it
-: What cards work / which dont
-: Will using a Mastercard (Credit Card) be economical ?

Thanks

Original Poster Banned

v2drinkers;2661274

Using a credit card means you pay interest from the day you withdraw … Using a credit card means you pay interest from the day you withdraw money and so is not best.Use a debit card (visa cretified) and one of the best is nationwide ones you dont pay the extra charge for withdrawing overseas!

How will I know what the exchange rate is for doing this though ?

Thanks

Crown Currency Exchange

If you're only changing a grand it is hardly worth messing about chasing a few cents more.
Just pop into the post office, or some handy local bank.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396
    2. Marmite1823
    3. Krack WiFi vuln1121
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1019

See more discussions