Groups

Cheapest place to get a disc cleaned?

Afternoon everyone,

Can anyone recommend any stores which clean discs well for a reasonable price?

I use to go to my local Asda and they did it for £1 per disc however they've stopped this service a while ago.

Thanks in advance.

24 Comments

Im sure GAME can do it but its more than £1, I personally just clean myself carefully with t-cut to get the scratches out

yeah I am looking for this service too cex and game charge like £3 per disc ridiculous Imo. I heard that so library's do it for free but have never seen it myself

Floppy disk? Think you mean a disc.
    Edited by: "Pacman786" 23rd Oct 2016

Pacman786

3.5mm floppy disk? Think you mean a disc.

3.5mm floppy disk? Think you mean 3.5inch.​
    Nice try at looking clever, though.

buy a cleaner..
    can get a kit for a few pounds

centurion01

buy a cleaner..can get a kit for a few pounds

maplin.co.uk/p/m…Hwg

Original Poster

johnwillowlfc

Im sure GAME can do it but its more than £1, I personally just clean … Im sure GAME can do it but its more than £1, I personally just clean myself carefully with t-cut to get the scratches out

Yeah, I thought they were £3 at GAME which seems pricey. I'll give them a call to check.

centurion01

buy a cleaner..can get a kit for a few pounds

I would if they worked but they are nothing like the cleaners which shops own. You may as well just wipe the disk with a lens cloth, it does the same as those kits. The machines on the other hand actually do resurface the disks but obviously the machines are very expensive to buy in the first place.

I know my local cash converters do disc cleaning. I think it's £1 a disc but not 100% sure

grainger games do cleaning too..

and you should look after your discs that way they wont need cleaning

Original Poster

jayap72

I know my local cash converters do disc cleaning. I think it's £1 a disc … I know my local cash converters do disc cleaning. I think it's £1 a disc but not 100% sure

Thanks, I'll give my local a call to check.

centurion01

grainger games do cleaning too..and you should look after your discs that … grainger games do cleaning too..and you should look after your discs that way they wont need cleaning

I do look after my discs, you're jumping to the most obvious conclusion which may not be the case

craigstephens

3.5mm floppy disk? Think you mean 3.5inch.​Nice try at looking clever, t … 3.5mm floppy disk? Think you mean 3.5inch.​Nice try at looking clever, though.

http://i.imgur.com/6ZQqAce.gif

craigstephens

3.5mm floppy disk? Think you mean 3.5inch.​Nice try at looking clever, t … 3.5mm floppy disk? Think you mean 3.5inch.​Nice try at looking clever, though.

It's ancient, who cares.

Pacman786

It's ancient, who cares.

Are you not the one that brought it up in the first place!

ibblackberry1

Are you not the one that brought it up in the first place!

​The disc, the point was taken hence, corrected.

Pacman786

​The disc, the point was taken hence, corrected.

​I'm glad I have evidence of your smug fail now you've edited your original post.

craigstephens

​I'm glad I have evidence of your smug fail now you've edited your o … ​I'm glad I have evidence of your smug fail now you've edited your original post.

​Why you glad about that? Does talking about 3.5 inches make you rise to the occasion? I think you went off track with it so I've cleared it up that I was talking about the difference between a floppy disk and a disc. End of story really.

Pacman786

​Why you glad about that? Does talking about 3.5 inches make you rise to t … ​Why you glad about that? Does talking about 3.5 inches make you rise to the occasion? I think you went off track with it so I've cleared it up that I was talking about the difference between a floppy disk and a disc. End of story really.

​Wow, that's me told.

My floppy is 3.5 foot
    http://images.computerhistory.org/timeline/timeline_memorystorage_1959.bryant.chucking.jpg
    Edited by: "raptorcigs" 23rd Oct 2016

raptorcigs

My floppy is 3.5 foot

​Shame you can't reach it with those tiny arms.

http://wallpapercave.com/wp/HsfGQSA.png

craigstephens

​Wow, that's me told.

Pacman786

​Not really

craigstephens

​Not really

​Really. X)

Pacman786

​Really. X)

wow, still posting and drawing attention to your fail? great job
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767489
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886406
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1933
      4. What would be HELL to you?3356

See more discussions