Cheapest place to lease a new A Class

Found 24th Apr
I'm a student guys and going to work in the summer to try and fund this car...I know I'm being very ambitious but no harm in looking
Thanks
Community Updates
AskCar Leasing
Top comments
Probably be better to save for a deposit to buy a flat/house for your future, rather than fitter around, posing to your fellow student collegues, trying to impress them with a car you cannot really afford.

Surely?
, I know it's tougher for the millennials, but I know a 21, a 25 and a 29 year old who all own their own property. Not in London mind. Plus a particularly adventurous 24 year old who bought a canal boat and does live in London (well floats anyway). None of them come from minted families and the common currency is that they all worked very hard to raise the deposit. It can be done if you want it enough and don't squander your money to make the rich richer still.

To answer the OP, unlikely to get a lease without steady income from a job and a solid credit score.
Edited by: "airbus330" 24th Apr
24 Comments
Probably be better to save for a deposit to buy a flat/house for your future, rather than fitter around, posing to your fellow student collegues, trying to impress them with a car you cannot really afford.

Surely?
Would you pass the credit check?

I doubt "i plan to get a summer job" is going to help your application.
this thread went downhill quickly
mattmerch6 m ago

this thread went downhill quickly

Exactly what I was thinking, doesn't take long to go off piste these days.
DKLS52 m ago

Would you pass the credit check?I doubt "i plan to get a summer job" is …Would you pass the credit check?I doubt "i plan to get a summer job" is going to help your application.

^^^^ This, no chance getting a lease car
, I know it's tougher for the millennials, but I know a 21, a 25 and a 29 year old who all own their own property. Not in London mind. Plus a particularly adventurous 24 year old who bought a canal boat and does live in London (well floats anyway). None of them come from minted families and the common currency is that they all worked very hard to raise the deposit. It can be done if you want it enough and don't squander your money to make the rich richer still.

To answer the OP, unlikely to get a lease without steady income from a job and a solid credit score.
airbus3301 h, 1 m ago

To answer the OP, unlikely to get a lease without steady income from a job …To answer the OP, unlikely to get a lease without steady income from a job and a solid credit score.

It will be interesting to see if this (good sense) holds true. Today's lender objective is not repayment + interest = good credit score. It is interest + interest + penalty + interest etc = more & more repayments OR a big pretend loss to book against profits.
ccnp26 m ago

It will be interesting to see if this (good sense) holds true. Today's …It will be interesting to see if this (good sense) holds true. Today's lender objective is not repayment + interest = good credit score. It is interest + interest + penalty + interest etc = more & more repayments OR a big pretend loss to book against profits.

That is an exceptionally cynical view of the credit industry which might just be true. I had to raise a mortgage a couple of years back and despite a very good credit rating found it harder to achieve than expected. But, at the other end of the spectrum, we are awash with adverts for pay day loans at 1000+ APR, which you can get from an app! There is an advert on my local radio offering brand new cars on (i presume) PCP, if you can show 2 payslips. Maybe that is where the OP should look?
airbus3301 m ago

That is an exceptionally cynical view of the credit industry which might …That is an exceptionally cynical view of the credit industry which might just be true. I had to raise a mortgage a couple of years back and despite a very good credit rating found it harder to achieve than expected. But, at the other end of the spectrum, we are awash with adverts for pay day loans at 1000+ APR, which you can get from an app! There is an advert on my local radio offering brand new cars on (i presume) PCP, if you can show 2 payslips. Maybe that is where the OP should look?

Do they have to be your own?
ccnp51 m ago

Unintentional I suspect but non the less, a very succinct explanation as …Unintentional I suspect but non the less, a very succinct explanation as to why today's generation will be renting property all their lives.

Like you I own my own property (and i’m in my early 20’s, i’m lucky!) but unlike you I can see how difficult it is proving to be for several of my peers. I guess it’s impossible to understand if you’re not part of it.

You’re 20 years old. Do you;

A) Save up through your 20’s in the uncertain hope of acquiring enough money to buy a home in an ever-rising housing market with a large mortgage.

Or

B) Rent, use your earnings on things that enrich your life and accept you won’t own a house.

I went for option A, (started at 16) but I completely understand someone taking option B. It’s a shame you can’t comprehend this thought process
Edited by: "UnluckyForSome" 24th Apr
airbus3301 h, 53 m ago

, I know it's tougher for the millennials, but I know a 21, a 25 and a 29 …, I know it's tougher for the millennials, but I know a 21, a 25 and a 29 year old who all own their own property. Not in London mind. Plus a particularly adventurous 24 year old who bought a canal boat and does live in London (well floats anyway). None of them come from minted families and the common currency is that they all worked very hard to raise the deposit. It can be done if you want it enough and don't squander your money to make the rich richer still.To answer the OP, unlikely to get a lease without steady income from a job and a solid credit score.

It’s highly unlikely these examples did this without any help, being either a cash gift from parents of living at home rent free...
UnluckyForSome6 m ago

It’s highly unlikely these examples did this without any help, being e …It’s highly unlikely these examples did this without any help, being either a cash gift from parents of living at home rent free...

Who helped you then?
UnluckyForSome21 m ago

It’s highly unlikely these examples did this without any help, being e …It’s highly unlikely these examples did this without any help, being either a cash gift from parents of living at home rent free...

Sure, unless you are raised in abject poverty, there will often be some help, but as I said the families mentioned are not minted. The canal boat owner did it all herself. Mum died last year and Dad is unemployed and disabled. 29 yr. old did it all herself, worked way up to managing a large nursery from being a care assistant. The 25 yr old was left some money (4k) by late grandparent and the 21 year old had every money present from birth to uni invested in a bond by his parents (bit sad as he never had any chocolate money in his pockets) which gave him about 8k at 21. He used this to buy a terraced house in a cheap area of a cheap town and rents the other 2 rooms out to students. His biggest benefit has been the financial advice/guidance from his parents. I could annoy you with the story of a friends daughter who used to share a beautiful house in Bath, which it turned out had been bought as student digs by her mates Dad. Or even more eye watering, the lad my daughter knows who was bought a flat just down the road from the House of Parliament, but his Dad is Russian......
Van197334 m ago

Who helped you then?

The bank of mum and dad, wouldn’t have a hope in hell otherwise despite the years of saving
And just to add, outside help onto the housing ladder is not just a recent phenomenon. Just think about the 10's of thousands of people who have bought their council houses since the 1980's. All of them got help from the government in the form of a reduced valuation on the property. That particular wheeze is probably about to end is it has robbed the nation of its social housing, but it is still currently available. The choice to live at home and save or rent away is also not new. What has changed, is the expectation that you will live away from the parental home before you buy your own plus the expectation that you will have a massive stock of exciting life experiences by the time you are 30. The choice of Option A or B is not new sad to say, you can't have it all. (no matter what they tell you on social media)
UnluckyForSome2 h, 8 m ago

The bank of mum and dad, wouldn’t have a hope in hell otherwise despite t …The bank of mum and dad, wouldn’t have a hope in hell otherwise despite the years of saving

It has NEVER been easy to buy a house - it has always stretched every generation! Some generations were just more prepared to work for it than others!
Van19731 h, 20 m ago

It has NEVER been easy to buy a house - it has always stretched every …It has NEVER been easy to buy a house - it has always stretched every generation! Some generations were just more prepared to work for it than others!

Hahahahaha do you not know why they call it a housing crisis? the ignorance is incredible...
Not convinced a part-time student would pass any affordability checks, but starting point to compare general lease costs might be whatcar.com/car…ss/
UnluckyForSome1 h, 20 m ago

Hahahahaha do you not know why they call it a housing crisis? the …Hahahahaha do you not know why they call it a housing crisis? the ignorance is incredible...

I would guess you live in the South East or London to be so ready to believe what the media tells you, the media which is, of course, largely based in London. If you have a reasonable job earning a median wage or better still 2 people earning median wage, after a few years to save the deposit AND live out of the SE, a house is very possible, let alone a flat. A couple of years back I was buying a small house in the NW. Lots of new build 2/3 bed houses. All sold out before the cement had dried out. The new estates are still going up around me and the houses are still selling out to local people.
Why all the talk about houses? The dude wants a car. Maybe they already have a house or they don't want one.
chocci1 h, 31 m ago

Ironic statement of the day. Well done!

Age really doesn’t equal wisdom with you guys
UnluckyForSome44 m ago

Age really doesn’t equal wisdom with you guys Age really doesn’t equal wisdom with you guys

If age equalled wisdom I wouldn't need HUKD........or would I?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants