Expired

Cheapest price for R4 or M3?

23 replies
Found 10th Dec 2007
Hey I'm looking to buy one of these, just wondering the following... Can they:
- Play movies, mp3s, "back-up games" and view pictures?

Also which is better out of the two and where can i purchase one? I will probably need the best prices for an SD card for it if anyone can help. My son would love this !

Thanks.

24 Comments

deal extreme?

consoleup good site

Original Poster

I see but are these based in hong kong? Also which is better from the R4 or the M3 or is there no difference?

Thanks!

get the R4 from deal extreme, will take over a week to get here but is £12 ish cheaper than you can get it in the uk.

Pauladin91

I see but are these based in hong kong? Also which is better from the R4 … I see but are these based in hong kong? Also which is better from the R4 or the M3 or is there no difference? Thanks!

They are basically the same, not one better than the other. I have used gameyeeeah twice in the past and have been reliable. Will take a week or so to get to you.

The M3 DS Real is better. R4 DS/M3 Simply is old technology.

Original Poster

I see so i should probably be best going for the R4 at deal extreme the perhaps buying this 2gb SD from play.com? play.com/Mob…tml

dealextreme.com/det…728 is better, or CycloDS. Will support SDHC cards. R4 DS will be phased out when they make a SDHC version of it. So if you got a 4gb card (which are getting cheaper and cheaper) it will never work in a R4 DS.

I have had a bad experience from consoleup bought supercards in pink and they sent white (saying they had sold out of pink) which when they are colour coded isn't much use is it. This was about a month ago and are still yet to answer any e-mails.

Gameyeeeah are pretty good.

I am currently waiting for R4's to be delivered from Volume Rate which is the new dealextreme site. These were ordered mid November so not very quick from them either.

The best for reliabilty and shipping speed I have found is realhotstuff, although they may be more expensive when the shipping costs are added.

Original Poster

horstachio

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2728 is better, or CycloDS. … http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2728 is better, or CycloDS. Will support SDHC cards. R4 DS will be phased out when they make a SDHC version of it. So if you got a 4gb card (which are getting cheaper and cheaper) it will never work in a R4 DS.

I think 2gb will be enough for him? Also SDHC is some new type of card? If so then it won't really affect me? I just want it here by xmas as it will be a present

R4 is out of stock at realhotstuff.

greg_68

I have had a bad experience from consoleup bought supercards in pink and … I have had a bad experience from consoleup bought supercards in pink and they sent white (saying they had sold out of pink) which when they are colour coded isn't much use is it. This was about a month ago and are still yet to answer any e-mails.Gameyeeeah are pretty good.I am currently waiting for R4's to be delivered from Volume Rate which is the new dealextreme site. These were ordered mid November so not very quick from them either.The best for reliabilty and shipping speed I have found is realhotstuff

Consoleup never reply. I found them to send out things fast but if you want any aftersales, dont bother with them. AddictSupplies for me is probably the place I would go for NDS stuff, fast delivery and the guy is friendly.

Consoleup do have White English DS Reals which are hard to get ahold of. (Most White ones are Chinese). I got one of them for my missus.

Pauladin91

I think 2gb will be enough for him? Also SDHC is some new type of card? … I think 2gb will be enough for him? Also SDHC is some new type of card? If so then it won't really affect me? I just want it here by xmas as it will be a present :(R4 is out of stock at realhotstuff.

SDHC is an official extension to the SD format supporting 4gb+. The R4 DS does not support SDHC cards. 2gb cards are just "SD". If you ever wanted a 4gb+ in the future, then you may want to be prepared :thumbsup:

Pauladin91

R4 is out of stock at realhotstuff.

I think there is a real shortage of R4's everywhere at the moment and is probably why I am waiting so long for mine.

Original Poster

Ahh they are in stock at gameyeeeah! Should i get this gameyeeeah.com/r4-…tml with that 2gb SD card from play.com as i can use that 10% off discount voucher today! Will gameyeeah be coming from hong kong as there will be import charges? I remember buying a white PSP from lik-sang thinking it was cheaper and i had 50 quid import tax to pay... worst mistake of my life! lol

Pauladin91

Ahh they are in stock at gameyeeeah! Should i get this … Ahh they are in stock at gameyeeeah! Should i get this http://www.gameyeeeah.com/r4-ds-revolution-r4ds-microsdtf-slot1-solution-adapter-p-190.html with that 2gb SD card from play.com as i can use that 10% off discount voucher today! Will gameyeeah be coming from hong kong as there will be import charges? I remember buying a white PSP from lik-sang thinking it was cheaper and i had 50 quid import tax to pay... worst mistake of my life! lol

I am almost certain gameyeeeah come from over that way. Used them quite a few times and never been caught. I think they tend to put low values on the packaging details.

That is a good price and in stock from a good company, I would go for it.

greg_68

I think there is a real shortage of R4's everywhere at the moment and is … I think there is a real shortage of R4's everywhere at the moment and is probably why I am waiting so long for mine.

The R4 DS has been pushed even further in the pecking order. DSTT is out also which supports SDHC.

Original Poster

Hmmm decisions... I really don't want to be buying from hong kong lol.. bad memories! Perhaps I should request one in the buy and sale forum bit... hmm.

horstachio

The R4 DS has been pushed even further in the pecking order. DSTT is out … The R4 DS has been pushed even further in the pecking order. DSTT is out also which supports SDHC.

You really don't like the R4 do you.:?

horstachio

The M3 DS Real is better. R4 DS/M3 Simply is old technology.

Yup those cards are old technology, the M3 Real is better, and in stock at most places.

I bought the M3 Real at ConsoleUp.com last Wednesday, got here Friday morning, although the package was a little dented, it was all fine, I emailed them and got a reply the next day, not bad tbh.

consoleup.com/sho…DS/

Original Poster

But the R4 still does the job lol? All that is different is that 4gb> is not supported?

greg_68

You really don't like the R4 do you.:?

Well, it's not a case of liking or not. I don't have company preferences. I prefer what is best. I had a R4 DS for a while, liked it then realised SDHC support was important. So ditched it and got a few Reals. It could have easily been the other way around. If R4 release a newer R4 DS with SDHC support and better features, I'll buy it and ditch my M3 DS Real. As things stand, you have a Cyclo DS, M3 DS Real and TTDS which are current gen. They support SDHC. Then you have R4 DS, M3 Simply etc which are older.

Would you buy a ATI 2900XT over a 3870XT? A B3 Q6600 over a G0 Q6600? A 46X2000 over a 46X3500? It's exactly the same principle here. Why buy something which is older for the same price? It perplexes me.

Original Poster

Well the M3 DS real is more expensive over at consoleup :p.

Original Poster

Hmmm.. decisions. I'm going to see if anyone will sell me one in the trade forum bit.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone else bored of video gaming2233
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769518
    3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 192 ***620
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2762

See more discussions