Cheapest S9 Back Glass Replacement

Posted 19th Oct
hi hope you are well!

could someone recommend me a cheap way to replace my samsung galaxy s9 back glass. dropped my phone in home bargains whilst getting a bargain and ended up with this problem😡😡😡. home bargains is cursed. also lost £30 there a month ago😡😡 .

thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Ever heard of a phone case, a decent one of these really is the best insurance.

Contact your local mobile phone shops to find I how much it’ll cost, since prices vary everywhere there isn’t much advice the community can offer on this.

Alternatively you can try and do it yourself using ifixit ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsung+Galaxy+S9+Teardown/104322

You’ll need to buy some tools and the parts which will probably make it cheaper to take it to a shop and be aware once it’s been opened it may no longer be waterproof/splash proof anymore.

Official repairs:

samsung.com/uk/…ir/
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 20th Oct
cmdr_elito20/10/2019 05:32

Ever heard of a phone case, a decent one of these really is the best …Ever heard of a phone case, a decent one of these really is the best insurance. Contact your local mobile phone shops to find I how much it’ll cost, since prices vary everywhere there isn’t much advice the community can offer on this.Alternatively you can try and do it yourself using ifixit ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsung+Galaxy+S9+Teardown/104322You’ll need to buy some tools and the parts which will probably make it cheaper to take it to a shop and be aware once it’s been opened it may no longer be waterproof/splash proof anymore.Official repairs:https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

Thanks appreciate it. Dont know why but despite the phone case I have, the back still ended up smashed
deals6920/10/2019 06:44

Thanks appreciate it. Dont know why but despite the phone case I have, the …Thanks appreciate it. Dont know why but despite the phone case I have, the back still ended up smashed

Bad phone case I guess. I always use the otter box defender cases, my phones have all survived some falls that would have destroyed a phone without a case.

You’d be surprised how many people laugh at the fact I have a robust case on my phone, they quickly change their tune once they have broken their screen etc and then ask me what case I have and buy one!
cmdr_elito20/10/2019 07:18

Bad phone case I guess. I always use the otter box defender cases, my …Bad phone case I guess. I always use the otter box defender cases, my phones have all survived some falls that would have destroyed a phone without a case.You’d be surprised how many people laugh at the fact I have a robust case on my phone, they quickly change their tune once they have broken their screen etc and then ask me what case I have and buy one!

Ahh ok. I dont like then cases too much as they are really bulky and if I could use my phone without a case I'd love to. My case that was on when the phone got smashed was a jetech case from Amazon
deals6920/10/2019 07:21

Ahh ok. I dont like then cases too much as they are really bulky and if I …Ahh ok. I dont like then cases too much as they are really bulky and if I could use my phone without a case I'd love to. My case that was on when the phone got smashed was a jetech case from Amazon

Those thin cases offer little protection against drops, the otter box is thinner than the griffin survivor cases so whilst it’s a bit thicker than the thin ones it’s not a monster but offers same protection.

If you insist on using with bad cases or without then set aside £10 a month to cover damage/breakages.

With screen replacements now into the hundreds for newer phones when you do upgrade you’ll need to probably set aside £20-25 a month.
cmdr_elito20/10/2019 07:58

Those thin cases offer little protection against drops, the otter box is …Those thin cases offer little protection against drops, the otter box is thinner than the griffin survivor cases so whilst it’s a bit thicker than the thin ones it’s not a monster but offers same protection.If you insist on using with bad cases or without then set aside £10 a month to cover damage/breakages.With screen replacements now into the hundreds for newer phones when you do upgrade you’ll need to probably set aside £20-25 a month.

Ahh ok really appreciate the advice. Yup if I do repair my phone I will most likely buy a protector case from a reputable brand. Thanks for the advice
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants